Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Spring Training Discussion

2021 Spring Training Discussion

@jcmccaffrey
    Red Sox announce pitchers and catchers will report Feb. 17 with the first game taking place Feb. 27. They're planning to have fans in attendance at JetBlue Park at 24 percent capacity.
    24 percent capacity is about 2,400 fans each game; regular seating capacity is 9,909. All tickets will be sold in physically distanced ‘pods’ comprised primarily of 2-4 seats that will allow for at least six feet between groups.
    Due to the pandemic, all workouts at JetBlue Park will be closed to the public and there will be no tours or open house held this spring training.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Truck Day - Feb. 8
    First workout for pitchers and catchers - Feb. 17
    First full-squad workout - Feb. 22

Well that snuck up on me...

I'm paraphrasing in this first paragraph, but this is the way I understand an email I got from the Red Sox today:

Due to the Corona virus the Sox are allowing ST Season Ticket holders to purchase their tickets for 2021 and then during a pre-registration time during February designate which games they want tickets for. The cost for any unused games will be credited toward the 2022 ST season.

They are also allowing ST Season Ticket holders to completely "opt out" of buying their tickets for 2021 and still maintain their ticket eligibility for 2022. (that's me )

According to what I've read/heard there MAY be no tickets available to the public, depending on social distancing seat availability.

Because of Social Distancing STST holders may not be able to sit in their usual seats with since all seating will be in 'pods' of 2-4 seats with at least 6' between seats.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

MLBPA basically told MLB to go and sit in the corner rather than make any modifications or accomodations on changes. Who do they think they are the teacher's union ?

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    I'm paraphrasing in this first paragraph, but this is the way I understand an email I got from the Red Sox today:

Due to the Corona virus the Sox are allowing ST Season Ticket holders to purchase their tickets for 2021 and then during a pre-registration time during February designate which games they want tickets for. The cost for any unused games will be credited toward the 2022 ST season.

They are also allowing ST Season Ticket holders to completely "opt out" of buying their tickets for 2021 and still maintain their ticket eligibility for 2022. (that's me )

According to what I've read/heard there MAY be no tickets available to the public, depending on social distancing seat availability.

Because of Social Distancing STST holders may not be able to sit in their usual seats with since all seating will be in 'pods' of 2-4 seats with at least 6' between seats.
    My Spring Training streak will be broken after 17 Seasons. And I will miss taking in games with my TalkSox buddy(ies).
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    MLBPA basically told MLB to go and sit in the corner rather than make any modifications or accomodations on changes. Who do they think they are the teacher's union ?
    No counter offer.

You'd think they'd at least try.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Players i can’t wait to see are Puig Pillar and Marwin getting goosies
    Last edited by Swiharts Ghost; 02-02-2021 at 05:17 PM.

Legend
    The last baseball game I attended in person was a college game at Stanford on Saturday, March 7, 2020. Two days earlier Stanford announced that seating would be limited to one-third of the 2,113 capacity at Klein Field at Sunken Diamond.

https://gostanford.com/facilities/kl...nken-diamond/8

The nearly empty stadium was eerie that day amid coronavirus fears.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    My Spring Training streak will be broken after 17 Seasons. And I will miss taking in games with my TalkSox buddy(ies).
    We still have to get together one of these years. I enjoyed my inaugural trip to Fort Myers in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    The last baseball game I attended in person was a college game at Stanford on Saturday, March 7, 2020. Two days earlier Stanford announced that seating would be limited to one-third of the 2,113 capacity at Klein Field at Sunken Diamond.

https://gostanford.com/facilities/kl...nken-diamond/8

The nearly empty stadium was eerie that day amid coronavirus fears.
    You got me beat. 2 days after my last sporting event, a UConn basketball game

Watching Verdugo Kiki Devers is going to be fun period .Excited about the team 94 wins with huge JDM bounce back season Bloom getting it done period.All the trash posts to pass the time aside I’m excited and on my best behavior the rest of 21 .

No counter offer.

You'd think they'd at least try.
    Why would they reopen the CBA? It hasn’t expired.

Why make any concessions?

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    https://twitter.com/eugenefreedman/s...629978112?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Why would they reopen the CBA? It hasn’t expired.

Why make any concessions?
    Where did I say make concessions?

I said make a counter offer. If MLB says no, then wait to the next negotiations. The world has changed, bigly.

They better be ready for some big whining shows put on by the owners.
    Last edited by moonslav59; 02-02-2021 at 11:25 PM.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?