1.318 Munoz
    1.262 Downs
    .856 Devers
    .844 Renfroe
    .833 Arauz
    .818 JD
    .667 Vaz
    .444 Arroyo
    As you mentioned, extremely small sample size, but Kike has so far taken off in the role of leadoff hitter. I am not convinced that he is a leadoff hitter, but as I just posted in another thread, Cora seem to have the Midas touch with his decisions. He also has the knack for getting the most out of his players.

So, while I'm not in agreement with Kike batting leadoff (I would keep Verdugo in the leadoff spot), I will defer to Cora's judgment for the time being.

I am very excited to hear about Cora's and ERod's excitement surrounding ERod's return to the mound. He seems to be 100% recovered and ready to go. That's not only great for the team, but more importantly, great for ERod.

Playoffs here we come! Let's go!

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    As you mentioned, extremely small sample size, but Kike has so far taken off in the role of leadoff hitter. I am not convinced that he is a leadoff hitter, but as I just posted in another thread, Cora seem to have the Midas touch with his decisions. He also has the knack for getting the most out of his players.

So, while I'm not in agreement with Kike batting leadoff (I would keep Verdugo in the leadoff spot), I will defer to Cora's judgment for the time being.
    Not only a small sample size, but not even a representative one. Not every pitcher he’s faced will be in MLB. And who knows what speed the ones he is facing are at right now...

I am very excited to hear about Cora's and ERod's excitement surrounding ERod's return to the mound. He seems to be 100% recovered and ready to go. That's not only great for the team, but more importantly, great for ERod.

Playoffs here we come! Let's go!
    With ERod, it was just getting his stamina back. Even if he’s only going 4 innings/game through April, it’s a bonus over last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    With ERod, it was just getting his stamina back. Even if he’s only going 4 innings/game through April, it’s a bonus over last year.
    He gives us a solid rotation of 3, which is one-third better than last year.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Watching an interview with JD during a rain delay (I assumed filmed a couple of days ago). Holy crap! Has this guy put on 30 pounds? He's not in Pablo territory, but there's no way that paunch is going to help. He also took some of the worst JD swings I've seen--that low outside pitch in the dirt that for some reason, he can't resist waving at--a swing that has gotten far too familiar over the last year.
    "Fans have become more entitled than anything. So they're starting to question our motives for the game, or how we approach the game. The ones that do question -- like who are you? Just shut up and watch the game tonight." --Kevin Durant on players' lack of effort in regular season games.

“Unfortunately with Bryan, he has a slight tear in his UCL,” Red Sox manager Alex Cora said Saturday. “So we’re going to shut him down. The way we’re going to go with him is going to be treatment. The doctors and the physicians feel like it’s small enough that we think with treatment and doing that, he should be fine. Obviously, it’s going to take some time. There’s no timetable. There’s going to be a few checkpoints throughout the process. And if he’s disciplined and follows everything that we are set to do, the hope is for him to come back. But like I said, no timetables. As you guys know, he’s very important for us. It’s a tough one. At the same time, we do believe he’s going to bounce back and he’s going to be OK.”

Pitchers with tears in the UCL often undergo Tommy John surgery or other elbow procedures.

Here we go.....we'll wait until September and decide he needs surgery. He will return spring training 2023. Ugh. What the fuck is wrong with our pitching staff?

Not only a small sample size, but not even a representative one. Not every pitcher he’s faced will be in MLB. And who knows what speed the ones he is facing are at right now...
    Right. And even if he is facing major league pitchers, they are typically working on certain aspects of their game and not necessarily trying so much to get hitters out.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Exactly. Our rotation depth looks much better than it did last year.

He gives us a solid rotation of 3, which is one-third better than last year.
    If our rotation is 1/3 better than it was last year, which was 64.8 wins over a 162 game season, then that puts us at 86.4 wins this year.

If our rotation is 1/3 better than it was last year, which was 64.8 wins over a 162 game season, then that puts us at 86.4 wins this year.
    Fuzzy math.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

That’s not math at all. Doesn’t take into account how much you may have lost by. Pitchers don’t control wins just like hitters don’t.

Fuzzy math.
    True. It's actually more than a third better.
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    True. It's actually more than a third better.
    I was going to add that the 1/3 better doesn't even take into account the improvement in offense we will see.

And again, don't forget the Cora Factor!