Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nomar Mazara would make Fenway look like T ball

Nomar Mazara would make Fenway look like T ball

26 still plenty of pop maybe a great platoon with Hunter and fill in for Verdugo .

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Noles_1335 View Post
    Agreed
    Well Thankyou you are brilliant then .

Deity
    League average hitter and league average fielder. Not the most exciting choice, but the Sox could do worse. His .781 OPS vs RHP is not ideal platoon material....

Ahh but it’s Fenway Notin and he’s a guy that hits opo Aton .Hes a 20 HR hitter an Arlington a few years .I think he’s a 30 hr guy here .....if not he’s peppering that wall a lot my friend .

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    Ahh but it’s Fenway Notin and he’s a guy that hits opo Aton .Hes a 20 HR hitter an Arlington a few years .I think he’s a 30 hr guy here .....if not he’s peppering that wall a lot my friend .
    Globe Life Park in Arlington (as well as Guaranteed Rate Field in Chicago) is actually more home run friendly than Fenway. And a pull-hitting Mazara (28.1% the other way does not make him much of an opposite field hitter) would probably lose home runs in the cavernous RF at Fenway, especially since he is not a power hitter.

He’s a league average hitter and league average fielder. He was not non-tendered by one team and traded away for a minor leaguer by another all by the age of 25 because he is loaded with talent and potential.

But he is 25 and might turn it around. And the Sox could do worse...
    Last edited by notin; 02-07-2021 at 08:59 AM.

No way I could let myself sit through another Nomah. Wouldn't be the same

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    But that’s his best selling point!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    But better than cheering for Jeter Downs?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    But better than cheering for Jeter Downs?
    Yes. Too many found memories of Scott Downs...

This team is a total yawn. Bloom should be fired. I'm no longer going to be a fan unless they can sign NOMAR MAZARA.

I firmly believe that this player with less than 2 career fWAR in 579 games is going to make this team not be a yawn. That 90 WRC+ is going to be a ratings boon for NESN. His meager HR totals, bad baserunning and bad fielding are going to make this such an exciting team. He's the guy for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    This team is a total yawn. Bloom should be fired. I'm no longer going to be a fan unless they can sign NOMAR MAZARA.

I firmly believe that this player with less than 2 career fWAR in 579 games is going to make this team not be a yawn. That 90 WRC+ is going to be a ratings boon for NESN. His meager HR totals, bad baserunning and bad fielding are going to make this such an exciting team. He's the guy for sure.
    But he is going to make Fenway look like T-Ball!!

I certainly hope the OP was not referring to his defense with that comment...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post

I mean, if he can shotput a ball the way a boy on my daughter's tball team does, that'd be something... Maybe they'll end every regular season game with a relay race against the other team?
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post

He'd have to play "pitcher" or first base... because any T-ball fan knows that 99% of balls in play don't make it past the mound. But just make sure he doesn't run from the batter's box to third base.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I mean, if he can shotput a ball the way a boy on my daughter's tball team does, that'd be something... Maybe they'll end every regular season game with a relay race against the other team?
    Ah but there is an Atari 2600-like beauty in a baseball game where you know every ground ball that gets past an infielder can and probably will go for a home run...