Register now to remove this ad

Page 24 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees 2021 Season Thread

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    The offensive talent just isn't performing, man. Take a look at the stats.

The Yankees are hitting .217 with an OPS of .655. With Judge, Stanton and Torres all healthy.

Stunning.
    They’re playing like they expected the rest of the AL to just roll over for them...

We are a game and a half back of the Rays and Jays, who will ultimately be the real competition this year. The Sox have had a nice start for sure, but they’ve had everything go right for the most part and we all know it’s not gonna last. If we were 5 games back of the Jays, I’d be a little more concerned, but they’re struggling too

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    They’re playing like they expected the rest of the AL to just roll over for them...
    My former roommate is an absolute baseball fanatic, but he likes the Yankees first. He was watching the Sox game on FS1 last night, and I texted him saying "Someone needs to tell the Yankees that this is how you manufacture runs." He completely agreed. Just stop swinging for the fences, work on staying down and going the other way. Home runs will come. Judge, Stanton, Hicks, and Voit when he comes back are way too strong not to hit HRs. But if they swing so hard that they open up or move their head ever so slightly, that's where the strikeouts and groundballs are coming from
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    We are a game and a half back of the Rays and Jays, who will ultimately be the real competition this year. The Sox have had a nice start for sure, but they’ve had everything go right for the most part and we all know it’s not gonna last. If we were 5 games back of the Jays, I’d be a little more concerned, but they’re struggling too
    Because 2/3 of their pitching staff, and their best player, are on the IL. For once, most of the Yankees are healthy, minus Voit. What's your excuse?

Jay Bruce retiring after today's game. Joy!

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Yes, but as you say, it might be Cash making these decisions.

Nelson said afterward he was informed Thursday night he would be starting on Friday, and he had to remind himself how to prepare. You can't make this stuff up. It's reminiscent of the disaster against the Rays in the playoffs last year when they used Garcia as an opener and then Happ. And Happ afterward said he wasn't really in favor of the idea.

It smells like total systemic dysfunction.
    There is definitely some disconnect in the Yankees organization. Regardless of who the decisions are coming from, the decisions don't seem to be communicated well enough to the players.

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    So much for that depth, huh

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    The sooner you accept the fact that the Sox aren't an utter garbage fire, the better off you'll be...
    ^^This.

I still see the Yankees winning the division, unfortunately. But it won't be the cakewalk that some Yankees fans thought it would be.

Deity
    Wow. It's gotten so bad that players are just quitting rather than see this one out...

Keep trying to convince yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Wow. It's gotten so bad that players are just quitting rather than see this one out...
    Pretty sure he was going to be released, but this way he saves face.

Deity
    Pretty sure he was going to be released, but this way he saves face.
    And kills any chance of playing elsewhere.

His .466 OPS is horrific and worst on the team, but unfortunately for the Yankees, it's not the worst by all that much.

Not a single player had a hot start. Through 14 games, Judge and Lemahieu are right near their career OPS. Everyone else is WAY below. The only player who is hot is our backup catcher. That’s it. The offense will eventually hit, and when it does we will win.

I only have 2 major qualms from the first 14 games. One is Torres and his overall horrendousness. If his bat doesn’t get back to 2019 levels, then we need to pull him from the lineup and at least ensure good D. The other is Kluber. I like his movement, but his stuff is down and his location has been off. He’s not a build type project, he’s a veteran who needs to be effective or move him along. Other than that, I expect Hicks and Stanton to hit. I do think Frazier will hit. Gio should hit. Judge will eventually get white hot as will Lemahieu. Just need to not fall too far behind while we wait

Stay cocky my friend!
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Because 2/3 of their pitching staff, and their best player, are on the IL. For once, most of the Yankees are healthy, minus Voit. What's your excuse?
    Exactly. "The everything going right" argument actually pertains to the Yanks!

Wait until the injuries start- like they always do with these muscle bound behemoths.

(Like Voit would have made a difference.)
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?