Register now to remove this ad

Page 64 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees 2021 Season Thread

D.Garcia is so hyped. He is a future bottom of the rotation starter at best and in the long run is a better fit for the bullpen.

The Yankees need the depth that G.Whitlock would provide, but Cashman is a moron.

I'm happy to see that A.Judge is putting up decent numbers this year, even though many of his HRs came against the Orioles pitching staff. Hopefully, the Yankees will sign Judge to a 300 million dollar contract. That would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Garcia is also 22 yrs old and was struggling in AAA the past 2 weeks. Nothing like bringing a kid up when he is scuffling to boost his stock. The kid is running into what other great prospects run into, their first real rut. It will be how he responds that will set him apart. He is also not the standard prospect. Nowadays every prospect throws 97. This kid tops out at 95-96 but mostly sits 91-92. His claim to fame is the movement he gets on his pitches and the change of speeds. Thing is, he is sacrificing command for movement. That will work in the lower minors, but will get you killed as you move up. He will learn his lesson, but he needs to stick in AAA for a bit to hone his craft.

I also like Mike King, but today's start was something similar to Garcia. King is a sinker slider guy. Today, his sinker wasnt really sinking, but it was running a mile. It was almost entirely moving laterally which meant he couldnt command it enough to avoid walks, but also meant he couldnt command it in the zone. These guys are young, they will get their stuff together eventually.

The major issue I have today is the fact that we scored 2 earned runs off the Tigers in 26+IP. You cannot win if you don't hit and this offense is lifeless when Judge and Stanton don't hit. We are past the 1/3 marker of the season. It might be time for a new philosophy
    All I'm saying Garcia is not the answer for NY this year specially considering Kluber will miss at least 2 months. The fact he was just demoted rest my case.

Is he going to pan out in the mid-long term? that's another topic but for all have been said in recent posts is a complete mystery.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    All I'm saying Garcia is not the answer for NY this year specially considering Kluber will miss at least 2 months. The fact he was just demoted rest my case.

Is he going to pan out in the mid-long term? that's another topic but for all have been said in recent posts is a complete mystery.
    Again, it’s essentially June 1. It’s too early to say that. Garcia might go down to AAA and light it aflame and come back productive

Again, it’s essentially June 1. It’s too early to say that. Garcia might go down to AAA and light it aflame and come back productive
    IF (BIG IF here) that happens it will take what?, 1-2 months from here? by then, NY could be out of the race.

You need solutions, NOW! specially since Kluber will be out for 2 months and your offense is plain dead.

Kind of my point.

In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

The kid has had 2 starts and 8 IP, so no definitive judgments can be made this soon.

I think it looks worse because all of the low scoring, this year.

He deserves a longer look.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Severino is starting a rehab assignment on Sunday. He will have to be activated within 30 days.
    Hal sucks

IF (BIG IF here) that happens it will take what?, 1-2 months from here? by then, NY could be out of the race.

You need solutions, NOW! specially since Kluber will be out for 2 months and your offense is plain dead.

Kind of my point.
    Even without Kluber, we have the pen depth and the rest of the rotation to stay afloat on the mound. Our issues are at the dish and Garcia isnt helping that
    Hal sucks

Even without Kluber, we have the pen depth and the rest of the rotation to stay afloat on the mound. Our issues are at the dish and Garcia isnt helping that
    No one in your pitching staff will replace what Kluber gave you Jack. None.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    The kid has had 2 starts and 8 IP, so no definitive judgments can be made this soon.

I think it looks worse because all of the low scoring, this year.

He deserves a longer look.
    THAT was not what I was disputing. What I was disputing was the fact (even before he was sent down) he was/is not the solution the solution to take Kluber's spot NOW

THAT was not what I was disputing. What I was disputing was the fact (even before he was sent down) he was/is not the solution the solution to take Kluber's spot NOW
    Nobody can.

You also were comparing Garcia with Houck- giving the nod to Houck.

I also believe that Houck is better than Garcia. I believe Houck will eventually burn out his arm but he will have some quality major league seasons before that happens. In contrast, D.Garcia just isn't very good and will fade away into oblivion.
    Last edited by Fan_since_Boggs; 05-31-2021 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fan_since_Boggs View Post
    I also believe that Houck is better than Garcia. I believe Houck will eventually burn out his arm but he will have some quality major league seasons before that happens. In contrast, D.Garcia just isn't very good and will fade away into oblivion.
    Their histories do not support that position, even without factoring in that Garcia was younger at every level along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Nobody can.

You also were comparing Garcia with Houck- giving the nod to Houck.
    Reason why I said, "Garcia was not the answer"

and yes, as I said, Houk at least has showed he can pitch at very good level. Small sample but still.

Garcia still has to show that —if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Fan_since_Boggs View Post
    Thats the way I see them, but I do hope Houk somehow can be durable moving forward