Register now to remove this ad

Page 92 of 127 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1891

Thread: Yankees 2021 Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, I still think the Yankees make the playoffs. I no longer think they will win the division (not that I count them out either), but I do think they'll grab a wildcard.
    Let's see if they buy or sell.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Now that we have a 1.5 game buffer, I feel comfortable rooting for Tampa tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Yanks dealt Cessa and Wilson. It’s a cost cutting move. Wilson’s cash next year was a problem so they had to add Cessa to sweeten the deal. They’re trying to maneuver space under the cap and just made the team weaker. Fucking stop worrying about the cap, you’re the Yankees not the fucking Marlins

Maybe the player to be named later will be Luis Castillo

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Yanks dealt Cessa and Wilson. It’s a cost cutting move. Wilson’s cash next year was a problem so they had to add Cessa to sweeten the deal. They’re trying to maneuver space under the cap and just made the team weaker. Fucking stop worrying about the cap, you’re the Yankees not the fucking Marlins
    I don't think it is the start of a house cleaning. Probably just making some room for additions. I can't believe they are giving up at this point.
    Old school is good school.

For the first time in I don't know how many years, I was hoping for the Yankees last night.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    For the first time in I don't know how many years, I was hoping for the Yankees last night.
    I couldn't do it. My kid, who's smarter than me, was all in, rooting against Tampa.

I warned him of the risks, changing the bummers back to summer... overall, it's just healthier to focus on the Red Sox taking care of their own business.

Yanks still in on Trevor Story. WHY?? Have we not learned out lesson with Colorado hitters? Story is the epitome of a Colorado hitter. Career OPS splits H/A of .971/.747. That is the difference between an elite player and an okay player. Do not fall into the trap of thinking this guy is a 30+ HR, 5WAR player here. The dead ball separated him out to being an average hitter, above average for the position, but certainly not someone to give a huge contract or spend prospect capitol on
    Hal sucks

How would he hit Yankee Stadium?
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

I’m hoping the Yanks go all out, seriously!

I’m watching them more than what the Sox do.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Cloe is getting pounded early.

In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

and just like that 4-0 and still nobody out in the first.

Please. Infield hit, walk, 12 hopper seeing eye single and a homer. One ball hit hard

Cole pitched better than his line would suggest, but overall he wasn't sharp. The only pitch he had working today was his fastball. Offense had chances early but didn't capitalize, and then just went to sleep for the rest of the game. Abreu (who was pitching in a spot where we would normally see Cessa) completely shat himself (0 outs recorded, 6 ER, 4 hits (3 of which were HRs), 2 BBs).

Weird stat, the Yankees have a .385 winning % during the day and a .623 winning % at night. And they also continue their ineptness when trying to finish a sweep.

Yanks looking to move Voit. I guess plan is to get a SS either at deadline or in FA and shunt Gleyber to 2b and DJ to 1b thereby improving defense. Corey Seager will likely be that SS, IMO, assuming Dodgers don’t break the bank