Register now to remove this ad

Page 47 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees 2021 Season Thread

This team cannot hit.

As for reinforcements, I think Kris Bryant is a target if the Cubs continue to flounder.
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I bet bkz loves that Judge is your only offense tonight LOL
    Doesn't look like I'm coming back in any offensive categories anyway, my guys are hitting like the Yankees. So hope Judge hits two more.

I'm hoping someone on my team can get a steal though, guess it's hard when nobody gets on base.

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    Doesn't look like I'm coming back in any offensive categories anyway, my guys are hitting like the Yankees. So hope Judge hits two more.

I'm hoping someone on my team can get a steal though, guess it's hard when nobody gets on base.
    Yeah I don't have many stolen base guys either. Solak and Meadows have come through on occasion in that category, but certainly not regularly.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Wheels came off for Kluber that inning. Not sure how he went from dotting the corners batter after batter to having no clue where the ball is going in the span of one batter.

GIO!

Kluber was missing his spots that inning, but you had a bloop double, a GB single and a dunker double in RF. The only ball hit hard that inning was Severino's missile double
    Hal sucks

Kluber is a god.

Pivetta is a false idol.
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Kluber is a god.

Pivetta is a false idol.
    You said it

Heathens
    Sox 4 Ever

Pivetta >> Kluber.

Kluber unfortunately for NY at this point is nothing but a prone-injury old horse. He is 35 yo and counting.

On the other hand, Pivetta is 7 years younger and on the cheap with a lot of upside.

Bloom will eat Cashman’s lunch on this one.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    Pivetta >> Kluber.

Kluber unfortunately for NY at this point is nothing but a prone-injury old horse. He is 35 yo and counting.

On the other hand, Pivetta is 7 years younger and on the cheap with a lot of upside.

How come nobody, including yourself, has picked up Pivetta in our fantasy league? If he's so great I would think a league full of Sox fans would want him. Or maybe nobody is buying in to his good start.

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    How come nobody, including yourself, has picked up Pivetta in our fantasy league? If he's so great I would think a league full of Sox fans would want him. Or maybe nobody is buying in to his good start.
    I drafted him and dropped him since he made me tie my first match when I was winning. It’s called the heat of the moment. I should have been patient.

I drafted him because I really believed he was going to splash. I shit the bed.

He has been money since then, go figure. I will pick him up again next week if he is still available. It’s a no-brainer.
    Last edited by iortiz; 05-14-2021 at 11:55 PM.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Pivetta >> Kluber.

Based on their histories, and what I read from preseason scribes, the NY-Bos comps are more likely Kluber vs Richards; guys in their 30s, one once great, the other really good for basically one season before injury. The other comp would be Taillon vs. Pivetta; guys in their late 20s that have never really been good but still have potential.

So far this season, maybe Kluber gets a slight edge because of how bad Richards was his first few starts. Kluber's ERA is 3.48, Richards' 3.89. They're both 3-2, with 1.4 WHIPs.

Pivetta vs. Taillon isn't even close. Pivetta has been one of the best starters in the AL, while Taillon is a face-plant.

Well, time will tell jacko.

I’ve been very critical in the past when I saw flaws but I also made bold assessments in 2013 and 2018 when we won it all.

As I said since day one, this team will be a pleasant surprise. Save this post.
    I'm liking the way you're talking.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

I drafted him and dropped him since he made me tie my first match when I was winning. It’s called the heat of the moment. I should have been patient.

I drafted him because I really believed he was going to splash. I shit the bed.

He has been money since then, go figure. I will pick him up again next week if he is still available. It’s a no-brainer.
    Too late

I'd be willing to trade him to you, though
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Maybe he was only outperforming his peripherals because he was on the FA wire. Now that you’ve picked him up, the jinx is in and he will finally regress to the mean