Register now to remove this ad

Page 77 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1891

Thread: Yankees 2021 Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    The bottom line on the Yanks is that they are far from dead, because of their individual talent.

Hell, I think we have to play each other 16 more times, isn't it?
    To me, the Yanks are still the AL team to beat.

They've struggled for 70 games. We're still 10 games from the halfway point.

They get Sevvy back and will likely make some deadline moves.

The Yanks are 5 down in the loss column and 4 down in losses from the WC slot. Anyone who thinks they can't make that up over the last 90 games of the season hasn't been paying attention to the history of playoff races.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post

The Yanks are 5 down in the loss column and 4 down in losses from the WC slot. Anyone who thinks they can't make that up over the last 90 games of the season hasn't been paying attention to the history of playoff races.
    To me, the Rays are still the team to beat. They fly the American League flag for 2020. And they're the only team I have ever seen that gets better when they shed their star players.

Some teams rebuild. Some teams reload. The Rays molt; they shed some older deadweight, and come out better than before...
    Last edited by notin; 06-20-2021 at 01:15 PM.

Now that’s funny. They molt, lol

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    To me, the Rays are still the team to beat. They fly the American League flag for 2020. And they're the only team I have ever seen that gets better when they shed their star players.

Some teams rebuild. Some teams reload. The Rays molt; they shed some older deadweight, and come out better than before...
    Of course the Molting Rays are a worthy contender, but I'd still put my money on the Yanks to finish ahead of them.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Loaisiga clearly has nothing, so Boone leaves him in to give up 4 runs and now the game is out of reach. Fuck you Boone
    Hal sucks

And if he just pulled him one fucking batter earlier, we would have a tie game. Fucking a boone
    Hal sucks

0-10 with RISP. That's all you need to know about that game.

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    0-10 with RISP. That's all you need to know about that game.
    Still scored 5 runs though.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Those pesky Royals won't go away
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

No, they won't. But it was clear from the jump that Loaisiga had no command. Sinkers leaking to the middle, sliders either not biting or not competitive in the zone. It is criminal that he let him allow 4 runs. Once the game tied, he should have been pulled
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Still scored 5 runs though.
    3 HRs covered up their shortcomings in situational hitting. But the Yanks had multiple chances to blow the game open and failed each time. It was one of those games that felt like the Yankees were killing them but then you look up at the scoreboard and they're only up by one. And of course that came back to bite them.

Wade's defense didn't help Loaisaga either (bad throw to 1st would have been the second out and, and then the following batter hit an easy grounder that he hesitated on and got no one out).

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post

Completely agreed, I have a few friends that are leaving the Yankees dead in their tracks.... The season isn't even half way over and the Yankees are yet to hit their stride and are only 5 games back from us.... They could easily win 8 or 9 straight and make a run (and they will guaranteed) it's just a matter of when.....Sox just need to keep winning and not worry about everyone else in the division, the Yankees will make a push soon or later.

It is way too soon to be scoreboard watching .
    Old school is good school.

I typically feel like managers don't have a huge impact on the game and it's up to the players to perform, but that was ridiculously stupid of Boone to have Chapman walk the bases loaded when he was already showing bad command. And it's not like it was Mike Trout he was putting on base, it was Carlos fuckin Santana. So of course Chapman walks the next guy on 4 pitches to tie the game. And then gives up a check swing infield single to lose the lead for good measure. Why do I like baseball again?

Yeah that was a horrible (to me? a pussy move). If you can’t pitch to guys like Santana with 2 outs in your own turf and with arguably one of the best closers in the game, you have to do another thing for living. Boone is on a very thin ice right now.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.