Register now to remove this ad

Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 435 of 671

Thread: Yankees 2021 Season Thread

  1. #421
    Agreed. But they canít hit. At least fire the hitting coach. Shows something!

  2. #422
    Iím at a loss for words

  3. #423
    HOF (Micro) Manager Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Quincy, MA
    Posts
    16,210
    8 runs in 5 games on the homestand. 1-4 record in those games, and if you ask me that 1 win was lucky. Braves bullpen decided to choke and stop throwing strikes
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

  4. #424
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    23,532
    MLB2N was suggesting a mid-season acquisiton of Anthony Rizzo made sense for the Yankees.

    The problem is, until things turn around, why would they consider buying?

  5. #425
    HOF (Micro) Manager Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Quincy, MA
    Posts
    16,210
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    MLB2N was suggesting a mid-season acquisiton of Anthony Rizzo made sense for the Yankees.

    The problem is, until things turn around, why would they consider buying?
    And why would the Cubs be selling?
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

  6. #426
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    23,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    And why would the Cubs be selling?
    I think the anticipation is they will be out of it even in the very weak NL Central, and as they have too many very key players in option years (Rizzo, Bryant, Baez), they figure to not retain them all.

    Rizzo seems like the one most likely to sign back with the team, but that's nothing more than a semi-educated guess on my part...

  7. #427
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    30,583
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    MLB2N was suggesting a mid-season acquisiton of Anthony Rizzo made sense for the Yankees.

    The problem is, until things turn around, why would they consider buying?
    Just stating the obvious, but they have until mid-season to do so.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

    Theme song of 2020 Red Sox: "Tanks for the Memories"

  8. #428
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    23,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Just stating the obvious, but they have until mid-season to do so.
    And I am sure they will wait as long as possible to make any deals. Unless someone absolutely blows them away with a ridiculous offer, which is very unlikely...

  9. #429
    HOF (Micro) Manager Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Quincy, MA
    Posts
    16,210
    When the Yankees are down, you stomp on them. You don't help them out by giving them a ridiculous offer
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

  10. #430
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    23,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    When the Yankees are down, you stomp on them. You don't help them out by giving them a ridiculous offer
    In that scenario, the Yankees would be the team making the ridiculous offer, assuming any interest in getting Rizzo prior to the deadline.

    And the Cubs are less interested n stomping the Yankees than the Sox are. They feel that way about the Cardinals...

  11. #431
    HOF (Micro) Manager Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Quincy, MA
    Posts
    16,210
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    In that scenario, the Yankees would be the team making the ridiculous offer, assuming any interest in getting Rizzo prior to the deadline.

    And the Cubs are less interested n stomping the Yankees than the Sox are. They feel that way about the Cardinals...
    You don't think other teams and players love seeing teams like the Yankees, Dodgers, or Red Sox fall on hard times?
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

  12. #432
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    30,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    You don't think other teams and players love seeing teams like the Yankees, Dodgers, or Red Sox fall on hard times?
    Sure, but not enough to affect making or not making deals with them.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

    Theme song of 2020 Red Sox: "Tanks for the Memories"

  13. #433
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    23,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    You don't think other teams and players love seeing teams like the Yankees, Dodgers, or Red Sox fall on hard times?
    The Red Sox made a trade with the Yankees this past off-season and helped them achieve their goal of getting under the tax limits.

    If the Cubs get offered 2 or 3 good prospects for Rizzo that overwhelm them, they will take it. Theo's primary goal is the success of the Cubs, not the demolition of the Yankees...

  14. #434
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    40,964
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    The Red Sox made a trade with the Yankees this past off-season and helped them achieve their goal of getting under the tax limits...
    It was a head-scratcher, as we, too were seeking to stay under the tax line, but who has won the trade, so far?

    BTW, Ottavino comes off the books in 2022- just in time for us to start spending big, again.
    Sox 4 Ever

  15. #435
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    23,532
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    It was a head-scratcher, as we, too were seeking to stay under the tax line, but who has won the trade, so far?

    BTW, Ottavino comes off the books in 2022- just in time for us to start spending big, again.
    I didn't think so.

    Bloom bought a prospect that he was enamored with. And in order to get him all he had to do was pay Adam Ottavino to pitch for a year...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •