Register now to remove this ad

Page 90 of 127 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1891

Thread: Yankees 2021 Season Thread

Yanks C squad is playing better than the A squad. Crazy to me

it’s fitting that the whole Yankee season, in terms of being buyers or sellers may come down to this Red Sox series.
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Yeah, they're actually starting to tick me off. LOL

The call ups have added a spark of energy and enthusiasm, but the talent level will catch up to them. The Sox will pummel the Yanks this weekend and put an end to any hopes they are clinging to. I really don't have any doubts about that.
    Old school is good school.

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    The call ups have added a spark of energy and enthusiasm, but the talent level will catch up to them. The Sox will pummel the Yanks this weekend and put an end to any hopes they are clinging to. I really don't have any doubts about that.
    Holy smoke, you are a confident man. I can never feel that confident about baseball games.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Holy smoke, you are a confident man. I can never feel that confident about baseball games.
    Seems like the more confident you get, the team loses more often, and vice versa.
    Sox 4 Ever

The Yankees have demoted Brooks Kriske back to the minors. Gee, I can't figure out why.

Quote Originally Posted by Fan_since_Boggs View Post
    The Yankees have demoted Brooks Kriske back to the minors. Gee, I can't figure out why.
    They could at least waited until he stopped shaking and gagging. But what about the manager who thought he was the best option to close ?

Weren't any good options. Chapman/Loaisiga/Britton/Abreu weren't available, King/Cortes/O'Day are out, Luetge and Cessa were already used, and Green blew the game when they had a chance to win in regular innings. You can enjoy the win all you like, but on paper Boston should probably win every game this series. Gardner barely deserves to be on the roster and he's batting 2nd. Batters 6 though 9 are AA/AAA players. We had to bring in Sal Romano (who TF is that guy?!) with the game on the line because everyone is either beat up or overworked. This group has somehow managed to stay afloat with so many players out, but so many players getting COVID during this pivotal stretch was a huge kick in the nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    Weren't any good options. Chapman/Loaisiga/Britton/Abreu weren't available, King/Cortes/O'Day are out, Luetge and Cessa were already used, and Green blew the game when they had a chance to win in regular innings. You can enjoy the win all you like, but on paper Boston should probably win every game this series. Gardner barely deserves to be on the roster and he's batting 2nd. Batters 6 though 9 are AA/AAA players. We had to bring in Sal Romano (who TF is that guy?!) with the game on the line because everyone is either beat up or overworked. This group has somehow managed to stay afloat with so many players out, but so many players getting COVID during this pivotal stretch was a huge kick in the nuts.
    Don't be disrespectful to " Big Sally ". Not good for you.

There's been so many games like this in one season that I can't even get mad or be surprised anymore. Not even the worst loss this month.

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    There's been so many games like this in one season that I can't even get mad or be surprised anymore. Not even the worst loss this month.
    Not even the worst loss this week
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

This is what happens when you’ve got a gutless sack of shit leading the team. No accountability. Fire his ass

This is what happens when you’ve got a gutless sack of shit leading the team. No accountability. Fire his ass
    It starts with Cashman not being held accountable and Cashman not holding Boone accountable.

I think, over time, a team reflects its owners.

Sox 4 Ever

Hopeless Hal should sell. Fire Cashman, Fire Boone, Fire Thames.

Here’s the mismanagement of the day.

German was magical. Gives up a double to lead off the 8th. I don’t fault Boone for bringing in Loaisiga. I absolutely fault him for letting Loaisiga face a fourth batter. He got smacked three batters in a row, why the fourth? Then his choice of Britton with 2nd and 3rd no outs up 1 shows a total lack of knowing his team. Britton doesn’t K people. He gets ground balls. And he did exactly that to give up the lead. You go to Green there. I know he’s a bit spooked, but he’s the guy who gets K’s and you needed a K