Register now to remove this ad

Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4888969798
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1470

Thread: Yankees 2021 Season Thread

Luis Gil for his debut. Heís got big stuff, but has had some command issues this year

3 starters lost in 3 days. Funny how quickly depth dries up. Would be nice if the offense started hitting to carry the team, since the starting pitching has been carrying the offense for months.

Gil might belong up here.

Just saw the highlights. 98-99 with the 4 seamer, 94 with the two seamer, 90-92 with the change and 86 with the slider. Love that he works the upper half with the high heat. Heís not going to avoid the walk going forward as he has really struggled with command since his promotion to AAA, but his stuff is electric.

And they sent him down? That is so dumb. Montgomery and Cole will miss 10 days. That is two starts. Zero reason to send him down now
    Wish List
    [] New owner
    [] New GM
    [] New Manager
    [] New Hitting Coach

Gil was a COVID replacement for Cole, so not sure he could've technically stayed. They can still call him up in a regular move without the 10 day waiting period I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    Gil was a COVID replacement for Cole, so not sure he could've technically stayed. They can still call him up in a regular move without the 10 day waiting period I believe.
    Yes, there's always an explanation for this baffling crap LOL
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

Theme song of 2020 Red Sox: "Tanks for the Memories"

Cole is apparently vaccinated so the 10 day timeline isnít the same per mlb rules. Granted, with the fact that delta breakthrough infections lead to the same amount of nasal passage virus, not sure if science supports their policies. Didnít know he could be brought back without a ten day hold.

Gil showed me something. To have little success in AAA then be thrown onto the YS mound and dominate the way he did showed guts. I hope to see him again.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Cole is apparently vaccinated so the 10 day timeline isn’t the same per mlb rules. Granted, with the fact that delta breakthrough infections lead to the same amount of nasal passage virus, not sure if science supports their policies. Didn’t know he could be brought back without a ten day hold.

Gil showed me something. To have little success in AAA then be thrown onto the YS mound and dominate the way he did showed guts. I hope to see him again.
    Against the Orioles' AA lineup?

Better than the Tigers lineup

Cash was right on on Taillon. As with a lot of post TJS guys, their stuff and command are inconsistent early. It took him half a season to find it, but now heís lighting it up

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Cash was right on on Taillon. As with a lot of post TJS guys, their stuff and command are inconsistent early. It took him half a season to find it, but now heís lighting it up
    I was big on the Sox going after Taillon, but I guess Bloom didnít like him as much or wanted to keep the farm pieces.
    Sox 4 Ever

Gallo with a 3 run HR to put the Yankees ahead in the 7th inning. It was a high pop fly Yankee Stadium HR.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people donít buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    The Sox will compete with the Jays.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Gallo with a 3 run HR to put the Yankees ahead in the 7th inning. It was a high pop fly Yankee Stadium HR.
    It was barely a fair ball down the right field line, so would've been in the 10th row at Fenway ;]

Crazy Joe Gallo.
    Old school is good school.