Register now to remove this ad

View Poll Results: How many games will the Sox win in 2021?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • 100+

0 0%
  • 95-99

0 0%
  • 90-94

2 16.67%
  • 87-89

1 8.33%
  • 84-86

2 16.67%
  • 80-83

4 33.33%
  • 75-79

3 25.00%
  • 70-74

0 0%
  • 65-69

0 0%
  • 64-

0 0%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How many wins will the 2021 Red Sox get?

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Quite the statement from somebody who keeps threatening to stop being a fan due to the lack of big moves by the front office.

Seriously dude, either shit or get off the pot
    I’m a tad sarcastic have been all along .I do take this place with two grains of salt .

Deity
    I'm thinking that it is likely that most people grossly under estimated what this team was capable of accomplishing. Certainly I did. If Bloom gets the bulk of the credit then I am on board. He has done something that I have not seen and did not see coming. If he is capable of doing what he has done on an on going basis, it looks as though it would be financially bad business to throw a bunch of money at anybody long term. Even the Red Sox with their somewhat open ended budget have no need. John Henry should pay Bloom the big bucks I guess and let him do his thing. Ownership likely as well as the fan base will get a huge win.
    Now - I was watching the game yesterday and paid particular attention to Devers. I still chuckle when i think of the people who wanted and likely still do him to be moved to first base. he is physically fit and that won't change unless he allows it to happen. We should enjoy him while we have him.

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    I'm thinking that it is likely that most people grossly under estimated what this team was capable of accomplishing. Certainly I did. If Bloom gets the bulk of the credit then I am on board. He has done something that I have not seen and did not see coming. If he is capable of doing what he has done on an on going basis, it looks as though it would be financially bad business to throw a bunch of money at anybody long term. Even the Red Sox with their somewhat open ended budget have no need. John Henry should pay Bloom the big bucks I guess and let him do his thing. Ownership likely as well as the fan base will get a huge win.
    Now - I was watching the game yesterday and paid particular attention to Devers. I still chuckle when i think of the people who wanted and likely still do him to be moved to first base. he is physically fit and that won't change unless he allows it to happen. We should enjoy him while we have him.
    Regarding Devers, my opinion is to leave the kid alone and let him do his thing. I can't remember who tweeted about him being like a puppy, but that tweet was spot on.

Bloom has done an amazing job so far, IMO. That said, the single biggest factor this year has been the return of Cora.

Deity
    This is a 93 to 95 win team. Need to keep playing well. The question will be if they make any moves to even get better. Do they add another bullpen arm or a starter. It doesn’t have to be a big name.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    As of now, before all FAs are signed, I think 86.
    86 was my call.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    This is a 93 to 95 win team. Need to keep playing well. The question will be if they make any moves to even get better. Do they add another bullpen arm or a starter. It doesn’t have to be a big name.
    How about Sale?

Devers will be an All Star this year and many more to come. Leave him where he is. People overreact every time he commits an error.
    Old school is good school.

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Devers will be an All Star this year and many more to come. Leave him where he is. People overreact every time he commits an error.
    Devers - 0 DRS, -1 UZR/150
    Dalbec - -8 DRS -1.9 UZR/150

It makes no sense to move Devers off 3b right now. He's fine at 3b.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Regarding Devers, my opinion is to leave the kid alone and let him do his thing. I can't remember who tweeted about him being like a puppy, but that tweet was spot on.

Bloom has done an amazing job so far, IMO. That said, the single biggest factor this year has been the return of Cora.
    I also think that Cora has made a significant difference but i was glad to hear that Bloom did not simply rubber stamp his return. Looks like he is in charge. I've never really paid much attention to any of the gm's that we have had other than to simply argue about them but this guy is different. i'm not giving him more credit than I think he deserves but so far so very very good.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    There were numerous people here who spoke their minds with respect to what his future might be. His build led some to say that at some point in time he would be best suited to play first base. Looks to me like he is in excellent shape. He is a star. Leave him alone and once again enjoy him while we have him.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post

And he will continue to be a fine third baseman going forward whether he is playing for us or not.

Deity
    There were numerous people here who spoke their minds with respect to what his future might be. His build led some to say that at some point in time he would be best suited to play first base. Looks to me like he is in excellent shape. He is a star. Leave him alone and once again enjoy him while we have him.
    I will admit I like the idea of moving Devers to 1b and Bogaerts to 3b. And it might happen eventually, but no way it happens in 2021, and if it ever does it will start in the off-season, not be a mid-season change…

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post

Looks like moving him to 1B solves 2 big issues at 1B: defense and offense.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Quite the statement from somebody who keeps threatening to stop being a fan due to the lack of big moves by the front office.

Seriously dude, either shit or get off the pot
    Some guys are big men with a posse. I said 93 wins before the season started.

I didn't need all the caveats. 93 wins
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I will admit I like the idea of moving Devers to 1b and Bogaerts to 3b. And it might happen eventually, but no way it happens in 2021, and if it ever does it will start in the off-season, not be a mid-season change…
    why?