Register now to remove this ad

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: what's left.... if any moves at all?

Contracts Ending Soon (Lux dollars)

After 2021:
    $13.8 Pedey
    $8.9 Ottavino
    $8.3 ERod
    $4.5 Barnes
    $3.0 M Gonzalez

2022 Options:
    $10 Richards ($1.5 buyout)
    $7 Vazquez ($0.25 buyout)
    $6 Perez ($0.5 buyout)
    $3.5 Andriese ($0.25 buyout)

After 2022: (any option players who stayed in 2022)
    $22 JD
    $20 Bogey (opt out?)
    $17 Eovaldi
    $7.0 EHern
    ~1.8 Plawecki
    $1.5 Sawamura

Not counting arb players that could be let go.

When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post

I just don't see JBJ as "that guy" we absolutely need to have for 2021.
    I would revise: "for 2021 and beyond".

For just '21 -- with an entire pitching staff full of question marks (except for Perez, who's not an answer) -- JBJ in center is arguably the most important glove we could have. That is, in terms of support, stability, and perhaps the difference between a winning record and a losing record.

But giving him three-years is illogical for a team that already announced it's not all-in.

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    I would revise: "for 2021 and beyond".

For just '21 -- with an entire pitching staff full of question marks (except for Perez, who's not an answer) -- JBJ in center is arguably the most important glove we could have. That is, in terms of support, stability, and perhaps the difference between a winning record and a losing record.

But giving him three-years is illogical for a team that already announced it's not all-in.
    I meant it in terms of him leading us to the playoffs or beyond in 2021.

Sure, he'd improve our CF situation, but if it's just a glove we needed, we could have signed several players for dirt cheap, and even Dyson is still available.

I would not sign him for one year, if it puts us over the tax line, and since he won't sign for $5M, I don't see it happening, at all.

Legend

Sure, he'd improve our CF situation, but if it's just a glove we needed, we could have signed several players for dirt cheap, and even Dyson is still available.

I would not sign him for one year, if it puts us over the tax line, and since he won't sign for $5M, I don't see it happening, at all.
    I don't see it either and can't see signing a has been or never was just to say we have a CF. Pillar was a possibility but he is gone. We will and should fill CF from within in 2021. We have Verdugo, we could switch our new acquisition or could bring up Duran. That would keep us below the CBT threshold and open the door for rethinking for 2022 when there will be additional resources.

Hope your cold weather snap will break soon. We lived in upstate NY for years and even experienced major ice storms and sewer drains freezing when buried 4 feet. That took a week of 20 below but it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    [B][SIZE=2]I don't see it either and can't see signing a has been or never was just to say we have a CF. Pillar was a possibility but he is gone. We will and should fill CF from within in 2021. We have Verdugo, we could switch our new acquisition or could bring up Duran. That would keep us below the CBT threshold and open the door for rethinking for 2022 when there will be additional resources.
    We also have EHern to play CF, if we can get Arroyo, Chavis, Arauz or Munoz to play decent 2B.

2021 In System CF Options:

EHern
    Cordero
    Verdugo
    Munoz
    Duran
    Wilson

Dyson isn’t really capable in CF anymore.
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Dyson isn’t really capable in CF anymore.
    He's 36 and played 160 or 175 innings in CF, last year and 647 0f 879 in 2019 in CF.

34 OF'er had 600+ innings in CF since 2019. Dyson placed 13th with a UZR/150 of +3.5 (JBJ was at +0.1) and 15rh in DRS at 3.

25 CF'ers had 800+ innings. Dyson placed 10th in UZR/150 and 12th in DRS (same as JBJ).
    Last edited by moonslav59; 02-16-2021 at 06:03 PM.

He's 36 and played 160 or 175 innings in CF, last year and 647 0f 879 in 2019 in CF.

34 OF'er had 600+ innings in CF since 2019. Dyson placed 13th with a UZR/150 of +3.5 (JBJ was at +0.1) and 15rh in DRS at 3.

25 CF'ers had 800+ innings. Dyson placed 10th in UZR/150 and 12th in DRS (same as JBJ).
    I think I’d be looking at Jeffress reliever or Roe .Maybe we can go 1 year JBJ at 9 though or two times 8 ? I still think we need BP back end guys.I think Duran maybe ready and that’s the reason no JbJ but we will see soon
    Last edited by Swiharts Ghost; 02-16-2021 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    I think I’d be looking at Jeffress reliever or Roe .Maybe we can go 1 year JBJ at 9 though or two times 8 ? I still think we need BP back end guys.I think Duran maybe ready and that’s the reason no JbJ but we will see soon
    He's not worth $8M/1, so why pay it?

Pillar at $5M would have been better and cheaper.

I still think RP'er or 2B are the only two slots worth filling while staying under the tax line by $1-2M.