Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: The Walk Up Song thread

  1. #1
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    24,411

    The Walk Up Song thread

    Inspired by 5GG and Bellhorn, the idea is simple. Assign the perfect walk up song for any hitter (or pitcher) past and present. Explanations are welcome but not necessary.

    Also, if you have a better song for any hitter already done, go for it.

    An easy one

    Jose Canseco

    https://youtu.be/k0t0EW6z8a0
    Last edited by notin; 05-01-2020 at 10:46 AM.

  2. #2
    HOF (Micro) Manager Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Quincy, MA
    Posts
    16,855
    Let me start this by giving you mine from my senior year of HS:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-VsisgVkHw
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

  3. #3
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    24,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Let me start this by giving you mine from my senior year of HS:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-VsisgVkHw
    Absolutely amateur players are welcome. It can make any jokes difficult to get. But hey, if you had one in real life, go for it.

    And that’s actually a pretty good choice for a walk up song. I’m going for (bad) jokes here, but I like the choice.

    Also, hypothetical players are welcome too.

    Another one needed would be David Cone and his perfect song.

    https://youtu.be/wv-34w8kGPM

  4. #4
    HOF (Micro) Manager Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Quincy, MA
    Posts
    16,855
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Absolutely amateur players are welcome. It can make any jokes difficult to get. But hey, if you had one in real life, go for it.

    And that’s actually a pretty good choice for a walk up song. I’m going for (bad) jokes here, but I like the choice.

    Also, hypothetical players are welcome too.

    Another one needed would be David Cone and his perfect song.

    https://youtu.be/wv-34w8kGPM
    There's no joke in mine. The meaning of the song, the catchy chorus, and how it aligns with my general life philosophy was why I picked it. It was also semi-popular at the time
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

  5. #5
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    24,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    There's no joke in mine. The meaning of the song, the catchy chorus, and how it aligns with my general life philosophy was why I picked it. It was also semi-popular at the time
    Yeah. As I said, it’s actually a pretty good choice. Plus it shows a certain intimidating importance in the lineup...

  6. #6
    Manny: "Madman Across the Water" Elton
    Damon: "Signs" 5-Man Electrical Band
    Boggs: "Walk This Way" (for a couple reasons)
    Ortiz: As much as he'd like "Bad to the Bone", I gotta go with "Holly Jolly Christmas" Burl Ives... because Papi's the narrator/singing snowman who brought so much cheer to our island of misfit fans

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Inspired by 5GG and Bellhorn, the idea is simple. Assign the perfect walk up song for any hitter (or pitcher) past and present. Explanations are welcome but not necessary.

    Also, if you have a better song for any hitter already done, go for it.

    An easy one

    Jose Canseco

    https://youtu.be/k0t0EW6z8a0
    Isn't Neil making an assumption there with "a little part of it in everyone"? Greenwell was clean!

  8. #8
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    24,411
    Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    Isn't Neil making an assumption there with "a little part of it in everyone"? Greenwell was clean!

    Maybe he was just talking about how steroids affect others. Like costing them the MVP award?

  9. #9
    HOF (Micro) Manager Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Quincy, MA
    Posts
    16,855
    Varitek's actual walk up song was so perfect it's not worth changing.

    Kryptonite - 3 Doors Down
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

  10. #10
    This one's for Bregman, Springer, Correa and any other Astro who cashed a 2017 World Series check (cough, Fiers):

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfLyK2DVVUU

  11. #11
    HOF (Micro) Manager Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Quincy, MA
    Posts
    16,855
    Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    This one's for Bregman, Springer, Correa and any other Astro who cashed a 2017 World Series check (cough, Fiers):

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfLyK2DVVUU
    Don't drag my boy Springer into this!
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

  12. #12
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    24,411
    Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    This one's for Bregman, Springer, Correa and any other Astro who cashed a 2017 World Series check (cough, Fiers):

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfLyK2DVVUU
    I love it!

    That same crew could also use

    https://youtu.be/Uke3ydakdjQ

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I love it!

    That same crew could also use

    https://youtu.be/Uke3ydakdjQ
    Yes! I think that was Josh Reddick on the skins. Bagwell was flicking his lighter in the front row at the end, but Nolan Ryan and his wife got up and walked out.

  14. #14
    Deity Kimmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    25,303
    Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    This one's for Bregman, Springer, Correa and any other Astro who cashed a 2017 World Series check (cough, Fiers):

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfLyK2DVVUU
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I love it!

    That same crew could also use

    https://youtu.be/Uke3ydakdjQ
    Haha, good choices!

  15. #15
    Deity Kimmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    25,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Don't drag my boy Springer into this!
    Your boy Springer is a cheater.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •