Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Seattle owner offends indiscriminately

I'm with Bill Maher on the cancellation thing. Instead of just cancelling people left and right as a response, why not use it as an educational experience and make something positive out of it.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I'm with Bill Maher on the cancellation thing. Instead of just cancelling people left and right as a response, why not use it as an educational experience and make something positive out of it.
    Fretting for some rich asshole who got fired is a very weird look. MLB is very PR heavy. If you're dumb enough say some guys in your org are overpaid, have big personalities and need interpreters, you probably need to not be a spokesperson for the organization.

Part of his job is to communicate to the public. He sucked at it and got fired. That's not "he got cancelled." HE GOT HIS ASS FIRED FOR BEING A DUMBASS.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

"I'm tired of paying his interpreter" was not a real smart way to address the language issue LOL
    Agreed...but was it even worthy of someone posting a thread about it here???

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie Sadler was short View Post
    Agreed...but was it even worthy of someone posting a thread about it here???
    Harmony, a Mariners fan, posted about it and even put it in the right forum.

I don't see the problem.

The real question is why Mickey Callaway hasn't been fired. https://www.mlb.com/angels/news/matt...pitching-coach

His alleged conduct is much worse than complaining about paying for an interpreter.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Fretting for some rich asshole who got fired is a very weird look. MLB is very PR heavy. If you're dumb enough say some guys in your org are overpaid, have big personalities and need interpreters, you probably need to not be a spokesperson for the organization.

Part of his job is to communicate to the public. He sucked at it and got fired. That's not "he got cancelled." HE GOT HIS ASS FIRED FOR BEING A DUMBASS.
    Yeah, but to me it's also one offense. Unless there's a pattern of behavior behind it.

The real question is why Mickey Callaway hasn't been fired. https://www.mlb.com/angels/news/matt...pitching-coach

His alleged conduct is much worse than complaining about paying for an interpreter.
    Agreed. For some reason they're hanging Callaway out to dry instead of firing him. I'm guessing the firing comes eventually.

Yeah, but to me it's also one offense. Unless there's a pattern of behavior behind it.
    With how casual he was about everything, I doubt it was just him having a bad day.

Even if you take the interpreter comments out of it, having a guy at the top of the organization kinda rip into some of the players is just not a good look. It's why guys like Bloom deflect and don't speak directly to certain issues. There is no benefit to be gained by saying a guy is overpaid or underhandedly question a guy's personality.

Agreed. For some reason they're hanging Callaway out to dry instead of firing him. I'm guessing the firing comes eventually.
    Maybe they did the calculus and thought it was easier to let the story fade into the background and have Mickey walk out the back door rather than pull the bandaid off and bring it front and center to the media?

Maybe they did the calculus and thought it was easier to let the story fade into the background and have Mickey walk out the back door rather than pull the bandaid off and bring it front and center to the media?
    Agreed. And nice job with the mélange of metaphors.

Agreed. And nice job with the mélange of metaphors.
    Yeah, I started reading Dune again.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie Sadler was short View Post
    Its sad that you cant answer his question...and sadder that you think teachers should be outraged over someone stating a fact-his English isnt very good. WOW...what a world we live in. You hate this guy but I'll bet youre fine with The REmDog.
    What question are you talking about?

Who is "Remdog?" Jerry Remy? I'm not a fan of his and never was, except as a player.
    Sox 4 Ever

What question are you talking about?

Who is "Remdog?" Jerry Remy? I'm not a fan of his and never was, except as a player.
    So you aren't the biggest Red Sox fan then?

I don't disagree. Goes back to the whole idea of remembering and recognizing the mistakes of past generations so that we don't repeat them again.

As MVP said, though, not sure that logic really applies here

That's all there is too it, and I'd have thought those who think our culture has become too namby pamby would have seen this for what it is.

The guy exposed the owners to big trouble, right before negotiations open. The union has been arguing all along that owners intentionally hold back star prospects to gain another year of service. The owners have denied this over and over. They can't do that anymore, because Mathers exposed them all.

I'm glad he said what he said. He spoke the truth, and the truth, these days can be very toxic.

Telling the truth is a fireable offense, in these times. We shouldn't be surprised or shocked.
    Sox 4 Ever