Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 307

Thread: 2021 Spring Training Games

  1. #1
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    42,072

    2021 Spring Training Games

    TODAY:

    Red Sox at Twins:
    Hernández SS,
    Duran CF,
    Renfroe RF,
    Devers 3B,
    Vázquez C,
    Dalbec 1B,
    Arroyo 2B,
    Chavis DH,
    Gettys LF,
    Eovaldi RHP
    Building? Back up!

  2. #2
    HOF (Micro) Manager Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    15,574
    Oh gosh that sprung up fast
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

  3. #3
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    39,913
    Let the games begin!
    Sox 4 Ever

  4. #4
    Jarren Duran with a third-inning infield single.

  5. #5
    King of TalkSox a700hitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    67,174
    Almost immediately after Castig's sidekick extolled Eovaldi for his easy 98, he fell apart and couldn't last the planned 2 innings.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    The Sox will compete with the Jays.

  6. #6
    King of TalkSox a700hitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    67,174
    Am I missing something? Radio announcers are talking about how Cora said that the Red Sox might go with a 6 man rotation. How do you do that when you have 4 Starters?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    The Sox will compete with the Jays.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Am I missing something? Radio announcers are talking about how Cora said that the Red Sox might go with a 6 man rotation. How do you do that when you have 4 Starters?
    Roster Resource lists the Red Sox with a five-man rotation of Nathan Eovaldi, Eduardo Rodriguez, Garrett Richards, Martin Perez and Nick Pivetta:

    https://www.fangraphs.com/roster-res...charts/red-sox

    ... with Matt Andriese, Garrett Whitlock, Tanner Houck, Connor Seabold and Bryan Mata in the wings. The return of Chris Sale is the wild card.

    Perhaps Rick Porcello is coming back.

  8. #8
    King of TalkSox a700hitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    67,174
    Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    Roster Resource lists the Red Sox with a five-man rotation of Nathan Eovaldi, Eduardo Rodriguez, Garrett Richards, Martin Perez and Nick Pivetta:

    https://www.fangraphs.com/roster-res...charts/red-sox

    ... with Matt Andriese, Garrett Whitlock, Tanner Houck, Connor Seabold and Bryan Mata in the wings. The return of Chris Sale is the wild card.

    Perhaps Rick Porcello is coming back.
    Pivetta? He's awful. He bombed out with Philly. He is not a rotation piece.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    The Sox will compete with the Jays.

  9. #9
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    39,913
    Nobody who has ever bombed out does well, afterwards.

    In think I might have more faith in Pivetta than Perez.

    He may also be more likely to have more IP than Richards or Eovaldi.
    Sox 4 Ever

  10. #10
    King of TalkSox a700hitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    67,174
    Call me skeptical, but I don't hold out a lot of hope for a 28 year with a 5.40 ERA after 406 MLB innings to contribute much as a regular starter.
    Last edited by a700hitter; 02-28-2021 at 04:45 PM.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    The Sox will compete with the Jays.

  11. #11
    King of TalkSox a700hitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    67,174
    I have hope for Houck and see the rotation shaping up as ERod, Eovaldi, Perez, Richards and Houck. That is a shaky 5 man rotation, and the depth behind it is very weak.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    The Sox will compete with the Jays.

  12. #12
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    39,913
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Call me skeptical, but I don't hold out a lot of hope for a 28 year with a 5.40 ERA after 406 MLB innings to contribute much as a regular starter.
    The hope for a 4.08 career minor league pitcher with 17 IP in the bigs makes so much more sense.
    Sox 4 Ever

  13. #13
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    42,072
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Am I missing something? Radio announcers are talking about how Cora said that the Red Sox might go with a 6 man rotation. How do you do that when you have 4 Starters?
    An idea that was offhandedly floated at the beginning of the offseason. Idea is that starters would be out of whack from last year.

    However, you rightly point out they probably don’t have the staff to do it.
    Building? Back up!

  14. #14
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,994
    Good news today: dalbec and Chavis turned two mistakes into taters. I still like bastardo’s stuff. Can he control it?

    Bad news today: our pitchers are still on the team,

  15. #15
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    39,913
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    An idea that was offhandedly floated at the beginning of the offseason. Idea is that starters would be out of whack from last year.

    However, you rightly point out they probably don’t have the staff to do it.
    We have a bunch of arms that can start. The question is, are 6 good enough and healthy enough to hold us to Sale's retuen?

    ERod
    Eovaldi
    Richards
    Pivetta
    Perez
    Houck

    2nd Tier
    Andriese
    Whitlock
    Seabold
    Mata

    Last resort:
    Gossett
    Hart
    Ward
    Politi
    German
    Winckowski
    Reyes

    Or, go with "an opener" day 6.
    Sox 4 Ever

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •