Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Losing it - things that are always disappearing on you, around the house & elsewhere

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Ok so this is a true story but might be TMI: At the start of my junior year (fall 2019), I was working at a table for a welcome involvement fair for freshman, on the weekend they got to campus. Across from me was a table representing the student health services people. I was talking with them on and off, all night, and they had this big tub of condoms. At the end of the night, they wanted to get rid of them all so badly, and they eventually convinced me somehow to take a giant handful. I put them in this bright green bag that sat in my dorm room the rest of the year. Maybe I used 1 or 2. Anyway, when I came home last March due to COVID, I shoved that bag deep into my closet out of shame, next to an old pair of shoes.

Now I can't find them, and it's driving me nuts. I don't have a current need for them, but I don't want them to turn up somewhere in my house shortly after I move out.
    Maybe your dad has been using them

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    And what a movie they made about you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1wuijgeaaY
    Don't even have to click to know what it is, dude.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Don't even have to click to know what it is, dude.
    https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/Lost_...%20old%20cars.

Lost was a scene that was cut from the 2006 Disney/Pixar film Cars. It was cut from the final film as it seemed way too disturbing. According to John Lasseter, while trying to find his way back to the interstate, McQueen stumbles upon a horrific graveyard of old cars.

The scene itself takes place after Lightning McQueen gets separated from Mack and tries to catch up with him only to find out he followed the wrong truck to a crossing light. He looks to his left where he sees the Interstate and quickly races toward it. However, clouds form overhead and block out the moon, making it too dark for Lightning to see, causing him to drive off the road. He falls down a hill and crashes into a bunch of branches. While reversing out, he bumps into something behind him. He turns around and sees that the object is a dead car covered in unkempt vegetation, which freaks Lightning out. He looks around and finds himself in a cemetery-esque junkyard full of dead cars everywhere, several of them have branches growing through them and one is even hanging on a tree. While trying to escape the graveyard, he crashes into a fence which gets tangled on him. The grill and headlights of another dead car is stuck the fence and got pulled off. Lightning gets back on the road and tries to get away from the dead car's grill and headlights since it looks like a monster. Lightning eventually gets untangled from the fence and drives away
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

https://www.thedrive.com/news/34402/...orth-your-time

This is more my speed though:

In Herbie Goes Bananas (1980), Douglas has retired from racing after Monte Carlo and leaves Herbie to his nephew, Pete Stancheck (Stephen W. Burns), who plans to enter Herbie in the Brazil Grand Primeo. In the interim, Herbie befriends an orphan named Paco (Joaquin Garay, III), with whom he wreaks havoc on board the cruise ship the Sun Princess, prompting the overzealous Captain Blythe (Harvey Korman) to force Herbie to "walk the plank". Having fallen into the ocean, Herbie is rescued by Paco and disguised as a taxi, later to stop a gang of con artists from stealing ancient Inca gold. Early in their partnership, Paco gives Herbie the nickname "Ocho" because he can't understand Herbie talking through his horn. Ocho is the Spanish word for the number 8; purportedly because the digits 5 and 3 in Herbie's racing number, 53, were combined to produce "8" (5+3 = 8) and possibly to rhyme with "Vocho", the Beetle's colloquial name in Mexico.

Maybe your dad has been using them
    Never too late to be scarred for life... Gee thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

My uncles would always joke about how they were at fault for their youngest brother being born since they poked holes in my grandfather's condoms and ate my grandmother's birth control. When I found my father's condoms, I knew well enough to leave them alone.

Knowing is half the battle...

My uncles would always joke about how they were at fault for their youngest brother being born since they poked holes in my grandfather's condoms and ate my grandmother's birth control. When I found my father's condoms, I knew well enough to leave them alone.

Knowing is half the battle...
    That's a particularly disturbing story...
    I can't disagree with you

That's a particularly disturbing story...
    You're welcome.

Things always disappear from my kitchen. My set of 6 steak knives is down to four. My set of 6 dish towels is down to two. I have 10 Tupperware lids but only 3 bowls. There are other such examples. It's kind of irksome that my sets are always ruined and I have no idea why or how.

Deity
    You knew the risks when you posted the story

You knew the risks when you posted the story
    Where else would those condoms go? Honestly?

Deity
    Where else would those condoms go? Honestly?
    Does Thunder have a brother?

Does Thunder have a brother?
    IDK. I believe he's the youngest in his family. Maybe older siblings? Old enough that they probably aren't searching through closets though.

Deity
    IDK. I believe he's the youngest in his family. Maybe older siblings? Old enough that they probably aren't searching through closets though.
    Unless he bragged about his condom stash...

Unless he bragged about his condom stash...
    I don't see Thunder doing that.