Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Batting Lineup

Batting Lineup

I would like to see Marwin Gonzalez hit out of the number 2 spot based on the way he's been hitting.....I think Verdugo and Gonzalez should switch spots in the order based on the way the 2 have been hitting...Does any1 else see that?

Based on the way the two have been hitting in ST? No, I would not switch Verdugo and Gonzalez.

I'm still not convinced Kike should be in the leadoff spot, but I'll trust Cora to know what he's doing.

Verdugo had a horrible spring training in my opinion, and he's still not hitting the ball, and they're still losing

Marwin had a great spring training, hes showing he can hit the ball, and steal bases....Thats what you want from a number 2 hitter

Verdugo looks like he's capable of doing nothing right now!

The team needs a spark....some kind of change in the batting lineup....Pitching is doing a fairly good job, but they're not hitting the ball

Also. Why is JD no longer our cleanup hitter???

I think Bogaerts was a great #3, JD cleanup....It worked for years

As I posted before, changing the line up based off of ST games, or even worse, off of two regular season games would be a mistake.

The offense should not be a problem for this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    As I posted before, changing the line up based off of ST games, or even worse, off of two regular season games would be a mistake.

The offense should not be a problem for this team.
    Agree with this. Just surprised Cora chose a poor defensive alignment for game 1 and then pivoted for game 2

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Agree with this. Just surprised Cora chose a poor defensive alignment for game 1 and then pivoted for game 2
    Well, Kiké mostly played 2b this spring. Not sure he didn’t see what was coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I don't think it was a matter of Cora pivoting based off of the result of Game 1. He stated in ST that he was going to be using a number of defensive alignments. He doesn't have a set alignment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I don't think it was a matter of Cora pivoting based off of the result of Game 1. He stated in ST that he was going to be using a number of defensive alignments. He doesn't have a set alignment.
    You experiment when you’re not expecting to win. The Sox have the makings of a good defense, but making the team good defensively will force some egos to check themselves.

Move Dalbec to 3b. He’s got a cannon and is generally respected defensively

Move Devers to 1b. Never an issue picking it. Issues are timidity, range and throws, something a 1b doesn’t have to worry about.

Move Kike to CF. The guy has played well defensively as a CFer

Keep Verdugo in RF. He played well out there in possibly the toughest RF in baseball.

This does leave 2b open as a problem area, but better to have one slot that’s troublesome than a whole field’s worth.

Dalbec is not respected as a 3b.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Reports from the minors were very positive on his D. Did I miss something?