Register now to remove this ad

Page 377 of 429 FirstFirst ... 277327367375376377378379387427 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,655 of 6430

Thread: A Realistic View at 2021: Part II

  1. #5641
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    44,618
    Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    Is there really nobody better?
    Sox 4 Ever

  2. #5642
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Is there really nobody better?
    Who will the Sox call up with Santana with a groin pull tonight?

  3. #5643
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    Who will the Sox call up with Santana with a groin pull tonight?
    I vote for Cordero.

  4. #5644
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Is there really nobody better?
    Last year saw Taijuan Walker, Robbie Ray and Mike Minor as rentals.

  5. #5645
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,287
    Wilson and castellaneous pulled from their minor league games tonight.

    Is something happening?

  6. #5646
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Wilson and castellaneous pulled from their minor league games tonight.

    Is something happening?
    https://twitter.com/chadjennings22/s...27473330221063

  7. #5647
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    44,618
    11 HRs in the last 2 games.

    Kike's OPS is now up to .783.
    Renfroe to .780.
    Devers .924.
    JD up to .953.

    Will Kike pass Arroyo's .792, tomorrow? The guy was at .660 on June 19th, and posters were writing him off as a bad signing just 1/4th of the way through his contract.

    He was at .720 June 29th
    .740 July 8th (10 days later)
    .744 July 17th

    Last 2 games:
    5 for 9 with 2BB (On base 7 of 11)
    3 HR
    2 2B
    5 RBI

    Kike da man!

    His great defense has been revealed.
    Sox 4 Ever

  8. #5648
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    44,618
    Sox back to the top of the AL.(Tied with CWS)

    58-38 BOS
    58-38 CWS

    59-39 HOU

    57-39 TBR (-1.0 ALE)

    55-42 OAK (2nd WC leader +3.5)

    50-44 NYY -3.5 2nd WC slot
    51-45 SEA -3.5

    48-44 TOR -4.5

    48-45 CLE -5.0


    NL
    59-35 SFG
    59-37 LAD (-1.0 NLW/ 1st WC)
    56-41 MIL
    56-42 SDP (2nd WC +6.0)
    50-43 NYM

    49-47 CIN -6.0 WC
    47-47 PHI -7.0 WC but -3.5 NLE
    (ATL -4.5 NLE)
    (WSH -6.0 NLE)
    Sox 4 Ever

  9. #5649
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    44,618
    The Sox now have 7 batters over .750, despite Renfroe and Verdugo tredning the wrong way.

    The BID THREE!
    .953 JD (the man on top)
    .924 Devers (forevers- lock him up!)
    .909 Bogey (battling an injury- gutting it out)

    Gotta stay solid!
    .792 Arroyo (gotta stay healthy!)
    .783 Kike (Man on Fire!)
    .780 Renfroe (Jacks only)
    .751 Verdugo (Long slump)

    Need 1or 2 to rise up!
    .677 Plawecki
    .661 Dalbec
    .650 Vaz

    Desperation time!
    .582 Marwin
    .574 Chavis
    .554 Santana
    .501 Cordero
    .647 Duran (tiny sample size)
    Sox 4 Ever

  10. #5650
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    The Sox now have 7 batters over .750, despite Renfroe and Verdugo tredning the wrong way.

    The BID THREE!
    .953 JD (the man on top)
    .924 Devers (forevers- lock him up!)
    .909 Bogey (battling an injury- gutting it out)

    Gotta stay solid!
    .792 Arroyo (gotta stay healthy!)
    .783 Kike (Man on Fire!)
    .780 Renfroe (Jacks only)
    .751 Verdugo (Long slump)

    Need 1or 2 to rise up!
    .677 Plawecki
    .661 Dalbec
    .650 Vaz

    Desperation time!
    .582 Marwin
    .574 Chavis
    .554 Santana
    .501 Cordero
    .647 Duran (tiny sample size)

    The experiment with Arroyo at 1st base was a costly one
    .

  11. #5651
    Franchy Cordero could return to Boston Red Sox on Thursday as Danny Santana (left groin) likely will be placed on IL

    Why not?

  12. #5652
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    24,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Wilson and castellaneous pulled from their minor league games tonight.

    Is something happening?
    Minor leaguers get pulled from the starting lineup every day. But in July, this suddenly becomes big news..

    One tip - if itís Marcus Wilson being pulled, donít get too worked up. Any trade involving him is not likely to be a blockbusterÖ

  13. #5653
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    44,305
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Minor leaguers get pulled from the starting lineup every day. But in July, this suddenly becomes big news..

    One tip - if itís Marcus Wilson being pulled, donít get too worked up. Any trade involving him is not likely to be a blockbusterÖ
    That Castellanos/Cannon deal is going to be yuuuge...
    Oh, ah, ah, ah, ah

  14. #5654
    My guess: Lineup against LH starter (tonight)
    Hernandez CF
    Bogaerts SS
    Devers 3b
    Martinez DH
    Renfroe RF
    Vazquez C
    Duran LF
    Dalbec 1b
    Chavis 2b

    My guess: Lineup against RH starter:
    Hernandez 2b
    Duran CF
    Bogaerts SS
    Devers 3b
    Martinez DH
    Verdugo LF
    Renfroe RF
    Cordero 1b
    Vazquez C

    BTW, it might make sense to promote M.Wilson as some point and platoon Wilson with Verdugo, with Wilson starting in LF against lefties. Verdugo has been so terrible against lefties that it may be time to do something like that. Of course, the Red Sox will need to find the roster space for Wilson, who hits lefties really well (based on AAA numbers).
    Last edited by Fan_since_Boggs; 07-22-2021 at 08:56 AM.

  15. #5655
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    44,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan_since_Boggs View Post
    My guess: Lineup against LH starter (tonight)
    Hernandez CF
    Bogaerts SS
    Devers 3b
    Martinez DH
    Renfroe RF
    Vazquez C
    Duran LF
    Dalbec 1b
    Chavis 2b

    My guess: Lineup against RH starter:
    Hernandez 2b
    Duran CF
    Bogaerts SS
    Devers 3b
    Martinez DH
    Verdugo LF
    Renfroe RF
    Cordero 1b
    Vazquez C

    BTW, it might make sense to promote M.Wilson as some point and platoon Wilson with Verdugo, with Wilson starting in LF against lefties. Verdugo has been so terrible against lefties that it may be time to do something like that. Of course, the Red Sox will need to find the roster space for Wilson, who hits lefties really well (based on AAA numbers).
    They can demote a pitcher.
    Sox 4 Ever

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •