Register now to remove this ad

Page 218 of 218 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218
Results 3,256 to 3,268 of 3268

Thread: A Realistic View at 2021: Part II

  1. #3256
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    42,290
    Don't look now, but Arroyo is fast approaching the .800 OPS mark.

    He already 60 points ahead of Renfroe and only 30 behind Verdugo!


    BTW, Dalbec moved 55 points ahead of Marwin's current OPS after his dinger, tonight and Marwin's 0 for 3.

    What's up with all the hits allowed by our starters, recently?

    Tonight 11 hits in 3.1

    Erod 6 in 4.2, last night.

    Perez 6 in 2.0 on Wed, night.

    Pivetta 7 in 4.2 vs Miami.

    Richards 8 in 5.0 in his start before tonight.
    Sox 4 Ever

  2. #3257
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Don't look now, but Arroyo is fast approaching the .800 OPS mark.

    He already 60 points ahead of Renfroe and only 30 behind Verdugo!


    BTW, Dalbec moved 55 points ahead of Marwin's current OPS after his dinger, tonight and Marwin's 0 for 3.

    What's up with all the hits allowed by our starters, recently?

    Tonight 11 hits in 3.1

    Erod 6 in 4.2, last night.

    Perez 6 in 2.0 on Wed, night.

    Pivetta 7 in 4.2 vs Miami.

    Richards 8 in 5.0 in his start before tonight.
    Our rotation is made up of better than average pitchers but I don't see a shut down guy on a consistent basis. They are what they are.

    Maybe the best example is Eovaldi. Announcers go on and on about his 'heater' but he does not generate swing and miss with it, or it seems. Our guys are hittable.

    This is why you and I agree on signing a #1 and slotting Chris Sale as our #2 guy.

  3. #3258
    We won last night with pen guys Sawamura, Workman (struggled), J Taylor and Whitlock. Darwinzon, Ottavino and Barnes should be available tonight.

    Ranking based on my eyes only

    1 Barnes
    2 Taylor
    3 Ottavino
    4 Sawamura (glad his hip issue wasn't serious)
    5 Darwinzon
    6 Whitlock

  4. #3259
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    31,016
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    We won last night with pen guys Sawamura, Workman (struggled), J Taylor and Whitlock. Darwinzon, Ottavino and Barnes should be available tonight.

    Ranking based on my eyes only

    1 Barnes
    2 Taylor
    3 Ottavino
    4 Sawamura (glad his hip issue wasn't serious)
    5 Darwinzon
    6 Whitlock
    Why would you not rank Whitlock higher?
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

    Theme song of 2020 Red Sox: "Tanks for the Memories"

  5. #3260
    I'd like to see this: Moon

    1. Arroyo 2B 1 yr/$581.5K A1-A3 (22-24) age 26
    2. Verdugo LF 1 yr/$649.5K A1-A3 (22-24) age 25
    3. JD DH 5 yr/$110M (18-22) age 33
    4. Bogey SS 6 y/$120M (20-25)+26 opt (opt out after 22) age 28
    5. Devers 3B 1 yr/$4.575M (21) A2-A3 (22-23) age 24
    6. Renfroe RF 1yr/$3.1M (21) A3 22 age 29
    7. Vaz C 3yr/13.55M (19-21) 22 opt age 30
    8. Dalbec 1B $575K, A1-A3, (22-24) age 26
    9. Hernandez CF 2yr/$14M (21-22) age 29

    Biggest bargain, Verdugo (25). Arroyo has chance to make the 'core group' going forward. As Cora said, he was 1st round draft pick because someone saw talent in him.

    Arroyo (26), Verdugo (25), Dalbec (26) all with 3 more years of team control. Devers (24) with two more years of team control via arbitrations. Xander (28) under team control for another 5 years if he does not opt out (chances are Sox extend with better contract).

    Kike (29) and Renfroe (29) will return for 2022 season.

    Vaz (30) and JD (33) will return for 2022 season. Some say JD has an opt out after 21.

    Some improvements can be had but this is pretty good hitting team.
    Last edited by Nick; Today at 07:57 AM.

  6. #3261
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    signing a #1 and slotting Chris Sale as our #2 guy.
    There really aren't any #1 free agents coming up next winter -- Bloom won't be overpaying for an older guy like Scherzer, Verlander, Kershaw or Greinke.

    Gausman may be the best choice, and thus in high demand. Syndergard is an uncertain option, coming off TJ like Sale and Verlander.

    If the Sox do suddenly plan to spend big (like many here expect), is it more likely on position players to replace others traded for a younger, primetime controllable pitcher?

  7. #3262
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Why would you not rank Whitlock higher?
    He's my favorite and I don't want to show bias. Not sure why, but I love watching him pitch.

  8. #3263
    Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    There really aren't any #1 free agents coming up next winter -- Bloom won't be overpaying for an older guy like Scherzer, Verlander, Kershaw or Greinke.

    Gausman may be the best choice, and thus in high demand. Syndergard is an uncertain option, coming off TJ like Sale and Verlander.

    If the Sox do suddenly plan to spend big (like many here expect), is it more likely on position players to replace others traded for a younger, primetime controllable pitcher?
    Yep, I'm talking crazy when it comes to getting a #1, not very realistic and probably not what the Sox brass is thinking. Syndergard is very intriguing.

    I'd be happy if Whitlock becomes a starter. I think he has something intangible to go with his stuff.
    Last edited by Nick; Today at 07:58 AM.

  9. #3264
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    31,016
    I suspect that they do see Whitlock in the 2022 rotation.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

    Theme song of 2020 Red Sox: "Tanks for the Memories"

  10. #3265
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    31,016
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    He's my favorite and I don't want to show bias. Not sure why, but I love watching him pitch.
    It's doubly pleasurable seeing him pitching well for us and not for the Yankees.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

    Theme song of 2020 Red Sox: "Tanks for the Memories"

  11. #3266
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    23,828
    Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    There really aren't any #1 free agents coming up next winter -- Bloom won't be overpaying for an older guy like Scherzer, Verlander, Kershaw or Greinke.

    Gausman may be the best choice, and thus in high demand. Syndergard is an uncertain option, coming off TJ like Sale and Verlander.

    If the Sox do suddenly plan to spend big (like many here expect), is it more likely on position players to replace others traded for a younger, primetime controllable pitcher?

    While potentially not a Sox target, I’d bet 29yo Noah Syndergaard does just fine in free agency…

  12. #3267
    Inaugural Draft Combine set for June 21-28 in Cary, NC. Cary has nice facilities and there will be over 100 of the top prospects present to participate in the evaluations. We have the 4th overall pick and I expect we will use it this year rather than trade it away. The actual draft is in July but this should give our staff a good chance to evaluate talent.

  13. #3268
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Greensboro, NC, moved here July 2020
    Posts
    8,559
    Games won as of June 12

    Tampa Bay Rays...40
    Boston Red Sox....39
    ChiSox................39
    San Francisco......39
    LA Dodgers.........38
    Oakland Athletics.38
    San Diego Padres.37
    Chicago Cubs......36
    Houston Astros....36
    Milwaukee Brewers36
    Last edited by Maxbialystock; Today at 08:45 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •