Register now to remove this ad

Page 429 of 429 FirstFirst ... 329379419427428429
Results 6,421 to 6,430 of 6430

Thread: A Realistic View at 2021: Part II

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    If we got 2 Scherzers, Vegas makes us the fav and is Not even close.

You are overrating LAD way too much. For instance I see SFG stronger right now.
    Both SFG and SDP and LAD were better before the trades.
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Yeah, but you only play one of those teams if you make it to the World Series...
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

Theme song of 2020 Red Sox: "Tanks for the Memories"

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Yeah, but you only play one of those teams if you make it to the World Series...
    Yes, and it's no sure thing we get past the CWS and Astros with Scherzer.

We'd need a lot of other things to go right- like Sale being Sale, Schwarber getting healthy and being able to play 1B and Pivetta improving.
    Sox 4 Ever

Nope. They have flaws too, and 2 Scherzers by definition boost your team by 12 WAR at very least.

The same was said in 2018 and look how it ended up.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Yes, and it's no sure thing we get past the CWS and Astros with Scherzer.

We'd need a lot of other things to go right- like Sale being Sale, Schwarber getting healthy and being able to play 1B and Pivetta improving.
    Nothing is sure. You are the one who is making a lot of assumptions and conjectures. You don’t know nothing for sure.

We didn’t need a lot of things to go right. We actually just needed an elite SP and 1B. That’s it.

In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Nope. They have flaws too, and 2 Scherzers by definition boost your team by 12 WAR at very least.
    Divided by 3 when you have the player for 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Divided by 3 when you have the player for 2 months.
    It’s not the point. The point is that you will play 2 months and likely the POs with two 6 WAR player profiles instead of 2 replacement players —Perez and Richards.

It is a huge difference.

Said that nothing is for sure. Moon is making up a lot of assumptions and conjectures. I can make up a lot of assumptions and conjectures too. That field is a worthless debate.

It’s not the point. The point is that you will play 2 months and likely the POs with two 6 WAR player profiles instead of 2 replacement players —Perez and Richards.

It is a huge difference.

Said that nothing is for sure. Moon is making up a lot of assumptions and conjectures. I can make up a lot of assumptions and conjectures too. That field is a worthless debate.
    Agreed.

Legend

It is a huge difference.

While I agree getting two Scherzer's--combined with Eovaldi, and the return of Sale--would be huge, I'm less sure doing so was feasible. Or, if it was, whether the cost was sustainable.

I too am disappointed with not getting a viable starter, but also trust Bloom and, in case you've forgotten, John Henry, easily the best Sox owner in its 121 year history.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    While I agree getting two Scherzer's--combined with Eovaldi, and the return of Sale--would be huge, I'm less sure doing so was feasible. Or, if it was, whether the cost was sustainable.

I too am disappointed with not getting a viable starter, but also trust Bloom and, in case you've forgotten, John Henry, easily the best Sox owner in its 121 year history.
    Was it feasible? That’s another kind of debate. I’m not disputing that.

Was it feasible? We don’t know or at least I don’t know. What I know based on reports is that JH and Bloom at least tried to land Scherzer and did their diligence in other top pitchers like Berrios. My guess? Teams were asking too much for Scherzer and Berrios or we couldn’t outbid LAD and TOR for these options.

We will never know with 100% of certainty, but I feel and understand the frustration from fans because on paper we were 2 pieces away to address our major needs.

We landed Schwarber who will likely play 1B, but again we don’t know what the plan is. Sale is likely going to address our rotation issue. Maybe that was the plan. Will it work out? IDK. Hopefully he is at least 80% vintage Sale otherwise will be tough to win the division.