Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 TalkSox Fantasy Baseball League-Mike Grace Memorial League

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    Most rankings I've seen have him outside the top 3. The concensus top guys seems to be Mookie/Acuna/Soto in any order.
    That was sarcastic because I have always felt that Trout is overrated. I think he's a phenomenal player, but not the GOAT as everybody seems to call him
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

If no one else wants him. I’ll make the sacrifice and take Mike Trout

Great drafting with everybody today! As usual, I changed my team name to reflect my top draft pick

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    If no one else wants him. I’ll make the sacrifice and take Mike Trout
    I fell on the sword and took the bum. I felt bad for him.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Great drafting with everybody today! As usual, I changed my team name to reflect my top draft pick
    1 hour and 59 minutes. It went pretty smoothly. I was on video chat a couple of times, but no one joined. I guess that we must have some people in the Witness Protection Program.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

1 hour and 59 minutes. It went pretty smoothly. I was on video chat a couple of times, but no one joined. I guess that we must have some people in the Witness Protection Program.
    Sorry about that. I know it was my idea. My internet was spotty at the start due to this rainstorm, and then I got preoccupied with something else

I almost don’t make it. I thought it was one hour later lol

Anyways, great draft and audience. I see more interest this year. Hopefully most of us are active.

Good luck to everyone.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

I'm not gonna lie. I lost some interest in baseball last year due to pandemic and other things happening in life during it, and I was incredibly lost in the later rounds. I plan on being active in the league obviously, especially on waivers, but my friend was hating on my team saying all my picks were reaches. I think only picks he liked value wise were Andrew Vaughn and Gary Sanchez lol.

Its also really hard to tell who was actually declining last year, who had a bad season due to covid/injuries and who had fluke seasons... but I guess that'll be sorted out soon.

And I didn't even know there was a video chat option. I would be down to do one in the future though. I think I have a few people from here on social media already.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    I'm not gonna lie. I lost some interest in baseball last year due to pandemic and other things happening in life during it, and I was incredibly lost in the later rounds. I plan on being active in the league obviously, especially on waivers, but my friend was hating on my team saying all my picks were reaches. I think only picks he liked value wise were Andrew Vaughn and Gary Sanchez lol.

Its also really hard to tell who was actually declining last year, who had a bad season due to covid/injuries and who had fluke seasons... but I guess that'll be sorted out soon.
    I was debating between Vaz and Sanchez for my primary catcher then I remembered the massive slump Gary was in for most of last year. But yeah, you're right. Maybe his mind wasn't in it last year. Very few players could say they were fully focused last year.

Yeah that was my logic too. I don't like Sanchez, especially because he's a Yankee but he's a guy I've drafted multiple times and he's such a beast when he's on for a weak position in fantasy. I think Vazquez definitely has the higher floor, but I think Sanchez ceiling is way higher. I know his defense is questionable but that doesn't matter in fantasy. If he can go back to his power hitting self where he's high homer/run/RBI guy, I'll happily take that.

I wanted to take Garver as a backup option because I think he bounces back too, but someone took him lol.

12 teams makes for a thinner talent pool. And pitching this year was very thin.

12 teams makes for a thinner talent pool. And pitching this year was very thin.
    Speak for yourself! I think pitching is the strength of my team

How was that set up? I would have jumped on if I had known.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    I almost don’t make it. I thought it was one hour later lol

Anyways, great draft and audience. I see more interest this year. Hopefully most of us are active.

Good luck to everyone.
    I was grocery shopping for the first two rounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")