Register now to remove this ad

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 TalkSox Fantasy Baseball League-Mike Grace Memorial League

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Yahoo is driving me crazy. Jansen got a save last night, but Yahoo is counting it as -1 for some reason which went from making the matchup a tie to a loss. WTH?
    I still somehow sneaked into the playoffs. Ball don't lie, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Going into the final day of the first playoff round, both matchups are up for grabs. Whichever 2 teams emerge will be very tough matchups going forward. Personally, I would rather not face my Buddy Iortiz, because my track record against his teams is historically bad. That being said, all 4 teams look strong.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Going into the final day of the first playoff round, both matchups are up for grabs. Whichever 2 teams emerge will be very tough matchups going forward. Personally, I would rather not face my Buddy Iortiz, because my track record against his teams is historically bad. That being said, all 4 teams look strong.
    I made a couple of moves which literally saved me in this series against Karlos. It was so close all week but fortunately for me I could make it. The semifinal will be tough as well. Looking for my first final, would be great to face you in that instance compadre, our match ups are always close ones.

This year was fun and competitive all-in-all. Good luck to all in semifinals.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    I made a couple of moves which literally saved me in this series against Karlos. It was so close all week but fortunately for me I could make it. The semifinal will be tough as well. Looking for my first final, would be great to face you in that instance compadre, our match ups are always close ones.

This year was fun and competitive all-in-all. Good luck to all in semifinals.
    Good luck in your semifinals. I have a tough matchup facing MVP to get to the finals.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Good luck in your semifinals. I have a tough matchup facing MVP to get to the finals.
    Good luck to you as well Ted.

BTW I just read the msg you sent in the Yahoo app regarding the prizes. Seems like I won a prize lol. Never won a prize before. I like how you split it. I thought only the champion wins it all.

Said that, I will change my paypal account compadre. The old one is unavailable and is not working anymore. I let you know when I create a new one, so you can deposit the prize there. Thanks in advance for the consideration.

In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Good luck to you as well Ted.

BTW I just read the msg you sent in the Yahoo app regarding the prizes. Seems like I won a prize lol. Never won a prize before. I like how you split it. I thought only the champion wins it all.

Said that, I will change my paypal account compadre. The old one is unavailable and is not working anymore. I let you know when I create a new one, so you can deposit the prize there. Thanks in advance for the consideration.
    Congratulations! In the last few years there were prizes for Division Champions in addition to the runner up and champ. If we continue getting 12 teams, I will stick with this distribution. It will keep teams engaged for more of the season.

Congratulations! In the last few years there were prizes for Division Champions in addition to the runner up and champ. If we continue getting 12 teams, I will stick with this distribution. It will keep teams engaged for more of the season.
    Thanks!

Yeah, This distribution is great.

I just have a question. The runner up is the team taking second place in a contest?

Thanks!

Yeah, This distribution is great.

I just have a question. The runner up is the team taking second place in a contest?
    Yes, the losing team in the finals.

Yes, the losing team in the finals.
    Good!

I just consulted the meaning but I wasn't sure. Thanks!

Congratulations to MVP advancing to the Finals. I needed 4 more outs from Rich Hill for a Quality Start that would have resulted in a 5-5 tie for the week. The tie breaker in the playoffs is regular season head to head record. In our last matchup, we also tied! In our only other matchup, I won 5-4. It doesn’t get any closer than that. Three matchups including the semi finals 5-4, 5-5, 4-5. You timed your win very well.

The other matchup involving iortiz is currently at 5-5, but iortiz has 2 players still active — Bryce Harper and JT Reamulto.

Congratulations to MVP advancing to the Finals. I needed 4 more outs from Rich Hill for a Quality Start that would have resulted in a 5-5 tie for the week. The tie breaker in the playoffs is regular season head to head record. In our last matchup, we also tied! In our only other matchup, I won 5-4. It doesn’t get any closer than that. Three matchups including the semi finals 5-4, 5-5, 4-5. You timed your win very well.

The other matchup involving iortiz is currently at 5-5, but iortiz has 2 players still active — Bryce Harper and JT Reamulto.
    I thought the tie breaker was the overall record, so if it is head to head record I think I already won regardless the PHI-Mets game since I tied the first match up 5-5 and won the second 8-2 against Renegade BX Bombers.

Please confirm this compadre!

I thought the tie breaker was the overall record, so if it is head to head record I think I already won regardless the PHI-Mets game since I tied the first match up 5-5 and won the second 8-2 against Renegade BX Bombers.

Please confirm this compadre!
    I will confirm and get back to you.

I will confirm and get back to you.
    I went to some forums to check this and yeah it is a head to head record so I guess I made the finals lol

I went to some forums to check this and yeah it is a head to head record.
    This is what I found in the league settings.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is what I found in the league settings.
    Yeah in forums I checked people say it means head to head record.