Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All in the family - blood relatives who have played in The Show

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    The Alou brothers (Felipe, Matty and Jesus) all played for the Giants in 1963. After Jesus came up late that season, the three of them played together in the outfield at the same time a few times, although they never started a game together.

Felipe’s son Moises also played in the majors.
    Felipe also had a nephew who played. I think his name was Mel Rojas (?). Felipe was his and son Moises’ manager on the Expos at one point...

Deity
    Former Red Sox manager Ron Roenicke was the brother of former Orioles slugger Gary Roenicke and the uncle to former Reds’ pitcher Josh Roenicke. I think he also had a son-in-law who plays or played...

@pgammo
    Kodi Clemens is hitting .333 for the Tigers this spring

30th ranked Tigers prospect:

Clemens had a pretty strong 2019 in the Florida State League (his .238/.314/.411 line was above league average there), albeit as an old-for-the-level hitter whose sourced, proprietary xStats were below his batting line. He spent his 2020 summer playing in the Constellation Energy League in Texas and didn’t perform especially well there, then finished the year in instructs. Clemens generates consistent hard contact because of the strength in his wrists and hands, he has a low-ball proclivity and can put balls out to left-center. His lower half and hands often appear disconnected, which can result in ugly contact that’s still hit hard because of Clemens’ strength. He’s likely a lower OBP part-time infielder with some pop, capable of playing a passable 3B/2B. His approach was a little loose during 2020 and needs to be more discerning in 2021.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")