Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Major Concerns

Major Concerns

At what point will questions begin to come up about Bloom’s offseason acquisitions? Devers and his crumbling defense, Kike not being the answer at 2nd?

There have been no questions raised about Bloom's dealings???? what else has anyone talked about for six months?
    "Fans have become more entitled than anything. So they're starting to question our motives for the game, or how we approach the game. The ones that do question -- like who are you? Just shut up and watch the game tonight." --Kevin Durant on players' lack of effort in regular season games.

I’m talking about Kike being the decision at 2nd and the arms he brought in and not working Devers at 1B in spring training! I’ve been raked over the coals for mentioning the possibility of shopping RD before it’s time to extend him... thoughts now, go ahead and say.... It’s game 1.... proof is in the pudding my friends!

Unfortunately ... Noles might be right.

LOL :0 After game 1, I might like a mulligan on my 93 win prognostication ...

73?
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

Even if Devers never learns to play 3B well enough, IMO, he's a keeper as a 1Bman or DH.

The man can flat out hit.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Even if Devers never learns to play 3B well enough, IMO, he's a keeper as a 1Bman or DH.

The man can flat out hit.
    He's a keeper. And I hope I'm not saying this cause I love how he chews gum all game and seems crazy goofy and fun to watch.

But yea, this year is telling, I hope he settles down and owns that hot 3 base spot.
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

Quote Originally Posted by Noles_1335 View Post
    At what point will questions begin to come up about Bloom’s offseason acquisitions? Devers and his crumbling defense, Kike not being the answer at 2nd?
    Devers can make the occasional spectacular defensive play, but major leaguers have to make almost every routine play. He doesn't.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Devers can make the occasional spectacular defensive play, but major leaguers have to make almost every routine play. He doesn't.
    I’ve been saying it for Months Devers is a DH he’s not even a a guy you move to first he’s a butcher and hurting the team but what can they do ? Devers bat is elite and his Defense May start hurting him mentally I’m afraid .I’m for DFA JDM eating that albatross contract and putting Devers in a situation he can feel comfortable and excel in .But now what ?this creates even more uncertainty does it not ? Xander feels like a move to third sooner than later But who plays short ???? Kiki ? I don’t even know how many innings he’s logged in there ? Is he a better defender with better range than Xander ? Don’t know .Im concerned for Devers and honestly feel sad for him at this point it’s aweful to see !this is all on Bloom I’m pissed off already .
    Last edited by Swiharts Ghost; 04-02-2021 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    I’ve been saying it for Months Devers is a DH he’s not even a a guy you move to first he’s a butcher and hurting the team but what can they do ? Devers bat is elite and his Defense May start hurting him mentally I’m afraid .I’m for DFA JDM eating that albatross contract and putting Devers in a situation he can feel comfortable and excel in .But now what ?this creates even more uncertainty does it not ? Xander feels like a move to third sooner than later But who plays short ???? Kiki ? I don’t even know how many innings he’s logged in there ? Is he a better defender with better range than Xander ? Don’t know .Im concerned for Devers and honestly feel sad for him at this point it’s aweful to see !this is all on Bloom I’m pissed off already .
    DH Devers. Put JD in LF. Move Dalbec to 3B and move Marwin to 1B or bring back Chavis to play !B
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

DH Devers. Put JD in LF. Move Dalbec to 3B and move Marwin to 1B or bring back Chavis to play !B
    Chavis!
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

It's literally game 1. Shut up and enjoy baseball being back you ungrateful nits.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Noles_1335 View Post
    1 game.
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by jad View Post
    There have been no questions raised about Bloom's dealings???? what else has anyone talked about for six months?
    ^^^
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Marwin looks good at 2B. Kike to CF?

It's game 1 and I'm not getting excited about the start.

But long term, why are we trying to please Devers by playing him at 3B? His biggest issue seems to be throwing. He maybe better suited for 1B.

And at some point, if Xander sticks around, I'd say he maybe candidate at 3B but that's in few years.

And to the poster who wants to eat JD's money, are you freaking nuts?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    And to the poster who wants to eat JD's money, are you freaking nuts?
    Swihart's Ghost nuts?
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.