Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 MLB Season Thread

2021 MLB Season Thread

I saw Kimbrel close out the Cubs victory on Sunday. I have to say that I didn’t recognize him. He has long blonde hair and a blonde beard. Wasn’t he previously a ginger complexion guy with red hair?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

I saw Kimbrel close out the Cubs victory on Sunday. I have to say that I didn’t recognize him. He has long blonde hair and a blonde beard. Wasn’t he previously a ginger complexion guy with red hair?
    I have not seen the new look blonde Kimbrel, but yes, he was previously a red head.

Deity
    Rob Dobnak of the Twins entered a 15-1 game, surrendered 5 ER in 3 IP, and somehow was credited with a save in a 15-6 game. I just can’t take that stat seriously...

Well, we could be the A's...
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Tatis hurt his left shoulder on a swing last night. Apparently he's had issues with this shoulder before.

Another illustration of why $300 million + contracts are scary.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Tatis hurt his left shoulder on a swing last night. Apparently he's had issues with this shoulder before.

You just need to spend $300M on the right guy (Mookie).
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Tatis also got his contract after less than 150 MLB games. Mistake, IMO.
    I get MV Pee.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...doctor-surgery

“It is very, very likely he has a labral tear,” said Dr. Michael Banffy, an orthopedic surgeon at Cedars-Sinai Kerlan-Jobe Institute in Los Angeles. “But a lot of times a noncollision athlete can still play their sport.”

Banffy, who is one of the Dodgers’ team doctors, said the recurrence of the injury in such a short time span means Tatis continuing to play would create uncertainty for the club and its most dynamic player. The two recent instances of the shoulder popping out came when Tatis reached across his body to field a grounder and on Monday’s swing. Tatis plays extremely hard and fast, and there is risk of further damage by collision with another player or with the ground.

“I think it probably would weigh pretty heavy on their mind, particularly if it occurred twice over the past two weeks and likely occurred prior to that,” Banffy said. “Then you also have the issue is he continuing to make it worse every time it comes out. You worry about the cartilage damage and bone loss. Unfortunately, this is an issue that is going to have some decision-making behind it. Unfortunately, it’s (five) games into the season.”

The labrum is a ring of cartilage that surrounds the shoulder and holds it in place. A fix is arthroscopic surgery that generally requires a six-month recovery and involves no future complications. Continuing to play involves some risk.
    I get MV Pee.

Rob Dobnak of the Twins entered a 15-1 game, surrendered 5 ER in 3 IP, and somehow was credited with a save in a 15-6 game. I just can’t take that stat seriously...
    Don't get me started.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post

It's also an illustration of why I think it is foolish, for lack of a better word, for a player to pass up a contract like that and gamble on getting more.

It worked out for Mookie, but it might not have.

As I posted before, if I were Mookie's mother, I would have strongly encouraged him to take the Red Sox offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    It's also an illustration of why I think it is foolish, for lack of a better word, for a player to pass up a contract like that and gamble on getting more.

As I posted before, if I were Mookie's mother, I would have strongly encouraged him to take the Red Sox offer.
    The Sox first offer was clearly not the highest they'd have offered.

Had Betts come back with a more reasonable offer, the Sox would have upped their first offer.

Then, Mom should pounce on her son.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post

"Mom, you cost me over $100 million!"

"Mom, you cost me over $100 million!"
    No more Xmas presents for Mama Betts.
    I get MV Pee.

Newly Blonde Craig Kimbrel went a spotless 1 2/3 innings and 3 k’s for the save today.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

MLB will be investigating suspicious looking baseballs from Bauer's last start.