4/4 lives another day
    Sounds like a James Bond title

I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by tylerd View Post
    sounds like a james bond title

i like it!
    Thunderball

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    Btw, do we all like this extra inning rule? I like it.
    I hated it, at first. It seemed like it cheapened the game and made a mockery of history, but it's growing on me, and I hate 15 inning and 4+ hour games.
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    I like it because it avoids those 15 innings (or more) monsters.
    I read this after my post. Nice point, max!
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Good news today: Sox show heart and guts and come back and win! Bullpen is so much better than last year’s dumpster fire!

Bad news today: verdugo still frost bitten!
    Our staff is light years better than last year's, and we don't even have Sale back, we have Houck at the alt site, Brasier on the IL and ERod with just 1 start under his belt.

Okay,okay, that's the optimist view. I know we'll have some hard stretches here and there, but I like the way this team is coming together.

5-3 sure beats 3-5.

154 to go!
    Sox 4 Ever

What I LOVE about this team, and what is a really good thing to see, is the fact that we can come back like that, and that we can win different styles of ballgames. This was actually somewhat of a pitcher's duel until the 8th inning. Our offense turned it on when we need to. Winning ugly, winning close games, and being able to win in extras are three signs of a ball club that is playing hard. If this can be sustained, it will continue to result in wins. Great game last night
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    What I LOVE about this team, and what is a really good thing to see, is the fact that we can come back like that, and that we can win different styles of ballgames. This was actually somewhat of a pitcher's duel until the 8th inning. Our offense turned it on when we need to. Winning ugly, winning close games, and being able to win in extras are three signs of a ball club that is playing hard. If this can be sustained, it will continue to result in wins. Great game last night
    Exactly.

All very good signs.

We have to remember, though, that we are neither the 0-3 team that started the season and bummed us all out, nor the 5-0 team that is now getting us all excited. We are somewhere in between.

We will hit some rough patches again, and we'll likely have some nice winning stretches, as well.

One thing that really excites me is that we are 5 and 3 with Sale on the IL, and now Houck at the alt site, plus 6 of our 11 hitters are at .617 or below. They will not stay there for long. We should start seeing some different players starting to contribute in big ways.

I'm lovin' the 4/4 Max Mojo!
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Exactly.

All very good signs.

We have to remember, though, that we are neither the 0-3 team that started the season and bummed us all out, nor the 5-0 team that is now getting us all excited. We are somewhere in between.

We will hit some rough patches again, and we'll likely have some nice winning stretches, as well.

One thing that really excites me is that we are 5 and 3 with Sale on the IL, and now Houck at the alt site, plus 6 of our 11 hitters are at .617 or below. They will not stay there for long. We should start seeing some different players starting to contribute in big ways.

I'm lovin' the 4/4 Max Mojo!
    Yes absolutely. As easy as it is to overreact to a bad start, it is even easier to overreact when everything is going good. I would be interested to see how we can fare against the Twins and White Sox, two of the allegedly better teams in the AL
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you