Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/20 vs Blue Jays

4/20 vs Blue Jays

LHP Hyun-Jin Ryu (1-1, 1.89) vs LHP Eduardo Rodriguez (2-0, 3.60)

Springer is expected back within the next week.

This is only a 2 game series FYI

In Eddie we trust!
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

The Yanks host the Braves, so here's a chance to gain on both of the projected division leaders.

Don't look now, but those pesky Rays, who never seem to miss a beat, even after trading away top talent, have won 4 straight.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    The Yanks host the Braves, so here's a chance to gain on both of the projected division leaders.

Don't look now, but those pesky Rays, who never seem to miss a beat, even after trading away top talent, have won 4 straight.
    Just an indication of how far good pitching can take you. Look at the Giants. Of teams that have not had COVID pauses, the Giants are tied for last in runs. They have only scored 51 runs total, or 3.2 runs per game. Yet they are 10-6 and in 2nd place in a very good NL West. Why? Because they have only given up 46 runs, by far the fewest of any team besides the Mets, who have only played 11 games.

Yankees and Braves will be an interesting series. Braves pitching hasn't lived up to the hype yet, but of course, neither have the Yankees bats. Will be interesting to see which side steps up. Braves may also be without Acuna for both games. Albies got hurt on Friday in Chicago, but I'm not sure when he's coming back. Both are DTD

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Just an indication of how far good pitching can take you. Look at the Giants. Of teams that have not had COVID pauses, the Giants are tied for last in runs. They have only scored 51 runs total, or 3.2 runs per game. Yet they are 10-6 and in 2nd place in a very good NL West. Why? Because they have only given up 46 runs, by far the fewest of any team besides the Mets, who have only played 11 games.

Yankees and Braves will be an interesting series. Braves pitching hasn't lived up to the hype yet, but of course, neither have the Yankees bats. Will be interesting to see which side steps up. Braves may also be without Acuna for both games. Albies got hurt on Friday in Chicago, but I'm not sure when he's coming back. Both are DTD
    At least the Braves' pitching can claim injuries as a reason. They're currently without Soroka, Fried, Newcomb, Chris Martin, and (naturally) Drew Smyly already...

Tall task today, Ryu is no joke and has been pitching very well. E Rod will need to bring the best he has. I know I have said this in the past but runs will be low tonight is my guess. This will be a 3-2 type game. Granted we usually beat the Jays, it’s usually pretty close games and they hang in there. Jays pitching this season has been very good last I checked, but their offense is off to a very slow start. If E Rod brings what he is capable of bringing, I don’t think the Jays will score much more than 3 or 4 runs. The question remains, can we score that or more against Ryu tonight? Should be a hell of a game!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Tall task today, Ryu is no joke and has been pitching very well. E Rod will need to bring the best he has. I know I have said this in the past but runs will be low tonight is my guess. This will be a 3-2 type game. Granted we usually beat the Jays, it’s usually pretty close games and they hang in there. Jays pitching this season has been very good last I checked, but their offense is off to a very slow start. If E Rod brings what he is capable of bringing, I don’t think the Jays will score much more than 3 or 4 runs. The question remains, can we score that or more against Ryu tonight? Should be a hell of a game!!!!
    The Jays have the young talent to emerge as an AL East beast -- if Ryu, Matz and Ray can pitch consistently all season (so far, they're the best Big Three in the division -- all with sub-2 ERAs). Sox catch a break with Springer out, Teoscar on the Covid list, as well as lights-out closer Merryweather.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    The Jays have the young talent to emerge as an AL East beast -- if Ryu, Matz and Ray can pitch consistently all season (so far, they're the best Big Three in the division -- all with sub-2 ERAs). Sox catch a break with Springer out, Teoscar on the Covid list, as well as lights-out closer Merryweather.
    .. and Nate Pearson also out...

Deity
    I would love to remind one and all that currently our Sox lead MLB in OPS and runs scored, but in fact Ryu is tough and great pitching usually overcomes great hitting. Plus the Jays overall have the best ERA in the American League.

So a great game to watch. I know it's only April, but it's an awfully good April.

Also agree with moonslav about the pesky Rays.

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    Definitely. Jays have had their fair share of star players out this year and yet their record still isn’t bad at all. They just lost a series against the Royals so they will look to rebound with their ace going tonight. This will be a very tough game.

Kike CF
    Arroyo 2B
    JD LF
    Xander SS
    Vaz DH
    Marwin 3B
    Renfroe RF
    Dalbec 1B
    Plawecki C

Off night for Devers and Dugie against the tough lefty

Let’s go to battle.

SOX in 1st and Yankems in last. How great would it be to see that on the evening of Oct. 3rd?

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    SOX in 1st and Yankems in last. How great would it be to see that on the evening of Oct. 3rd?
    The Yankees fans are very very quiet lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    The Yankees fans are very very quiet lmao.
    No they're not. They are as loud as the usually are, making excuses

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    No they're not. They are as loud as the usually are, making excuses
    Oh. Maybe I just ignore them. That’s likely it.

Let’s go Red!! Love these red jerseys.