Register now to remove this ad

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Hello Everybody. I may have found a home to voice my concerns about our Sox!

  1. #1

    Hello Everybody. I may have found a home to voice my concerns about our Sox!

    I just found out the Sox traded Benedetti to the Royals! That's the last of the killer "B"'s that helped up win the '18 World Series. I mean, I know we can't win it every year, but doesn't it seem like the Sox have thrown away what might have been a dynasty? Ok, we still have Martinez and Bogaerts, and Devers is down in the minors for some reason...but I'm upset to see a great team dismantled like this. Am I the only one that feels this way guys?

  2. #2
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    44,618
    Beni and dynasty should not be used in the same sentence.

    Had we kept everyone from the 2018 team, we'd suck. Betts cannot carry a bunch of aging, over-priced players by himself.

    Only Betts and Kimbrel are doing well out of the 2021 gate.

    Do you still pine for Price, Kelly, Porcello, Moreland, Nunez, JBJ, Leon, Hembree, Pomeranz and ...
    Sox 4 Ever

  3. #3
    You may be right that we've had great player's who wound up signing with someone else, but regarding your comment on age, Bradley is only 31, Benedetti 26, and Betts only 28. When you have the best player in the league (with all respect to Mike Trout) you better have a really good reason. That's all I'm saying. The guy I pine for more than anyone is Dustin Pedroia, and that's because of his heart. Ya, I'm having trouble letting go of the '18 team. Wasn't that fun watching them win all those game? For 86 years nothing but disappointment, then 4 world championships in 14 years. Maybe some of us got spoiled. Me included.

  4. #4
    HOF (Micro) Manager Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Quincy, MA
    Posts
    16,873
    Are we just going to ignore the fact that he said Devers is down in the minors?
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

  5. #5
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    31,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Are we just going to ignore the fact that he said Devers is down in the minors?
    Didn't even notice that LOL. I was more fixated on "Benedetti".
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

    Theme song of 2020 Red Sox: "Tanks for the Memories"

  6. #6
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    44,618
    Quote Originally Posted by davimi View Post
    You may be right that we've had great player's who wound up signing with someone else, but regarding your comment on age, Bradley is only 31, Benedetti 26, and Betts only 28. When you have the best player in the league (with all respect to Mike Trout) you better have a really good reason. That's all I'm saying. The guy I pine for more than anyone is Dustin Pedroia, and that's because of his heart. Ya, I'm having trouble letting go of the '18 team. Wasn't that fun watching them win all those game? For 86 years nothing but disappointment, then 4 world championships in 14 years. Maybe some of us got spoiled. Me included.
    No doubt 2018 was super special. What a team! What a record!

    It does seem odd that so many players from that team declined so quickly in performance and/or health.

    JD, Bogey and Betts are about the only ones still chugging along.

    The fact is, had we tried to keep even 90% of that team intact, our budget would be much higher than now, and we'd be no better.

    As far as I know, only Betts and Kimbrel are having good seasons, right now.
    Sox 4 Ever

  7. #7
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    44,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Are we just going to ignore the fact that he said Devers is down in the minors?
    This is a great exercise in reading comprehension, concerning getting distracted by one comment and not fully paying attention to what follows.
    Sox 4 Ever

  8. #8
    Do you ever get the feeling that someone is putting you on ? Just a little bit ?
    Old school is good school.

  9. #9
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    44,618
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Do you ever get the feeling that someone is putting you on ? Just a little bit ?
    The Devers part makes one wonder...
    Sox 4 Ever

  10. #10
    Deity TylerD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    11,926
    This thread has not aged well at all lol.

    Our Sox have looked pretty damn good all year (although ugly in times, and I have been critical) and they have made me proud..... As it stands right now, we have one more win than the Dodgers do and a pretty young and exciting team to watch! Do I wish our starting rotation was better? Of course, but the bullpen (Whitlock, Barnes, Ottavino, Sawamura, Taylor, Valdez) have been rock solid, and our offense has been fantastic.

    I will keep this team all day long!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •