Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Day Thread 04.25.21 - Mariners (Margevicius) @ Red Sox (E-Rod)

Game Day Thread 04.25.21 - Mariners (Margevicius) @ Red Sox (E-Rod)

We have lost 6 of our last 10. Let’s change that.

We may actually play this one. Rain seems to be moving on about 2 or 3 pm. But it's raining so hard right now. You would think they would try to play it at all costs though
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Excellent. E Rod called me last night and said he’s ready to shut these bozos Down

This is a VERY important game today. We have not lost a series since the very first one to the Orioles. Need a win here to split, because we have a tough week coming up, first against deGrom and the Mets on Wednesday and then in Texas, with a full capacity crowd

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    This is a VERY important game today. We have not lost a series since the very first one to the Orioles. Need a win here to split, because we have a tough week coming up, first against deGrom and the Mets on Wednesday and then in Texas, with a full capacity crowd
    Despite a daunting April schedule the 13-8 Seattle Mariners have lost only one of their first seven series: winning four, losing one, splitting one and assured of no worse than a split of the Red Sox series.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Excellent. E Rod called me last night and said he’s ready to shut these bozos Down
    Glad you were there to take his call. I have him blocked. He knows why...

We have lost 6 of our last 10. Let’s change that.
    What kind of pitcher is Vicious Marge?
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    Despite a daunting April schedule the 13-8 Seattle Mariners have lost only one of their first seven series: winning four, losing one, splitting one and assured of no worse than a split of the Red Sox series.
    Red Sox and Mariners are very similar teams, and not just because of current record and strength of schedule. This has been a very interesting series. Can either (or both) maintain this level of play all year?

Everybody down for a 4:00 first pitch? That's about what it's looking like. I think we will play this game today, because it beats the alternative of having Seattle come back here for one day at some point later in the year. We're off tomorrow and on a bus to New York, while Seattle heads to Houston for a night game. That's doable. I'm sure they would hang around Boston a little longer if it meant not having to come back

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Glad you were there to take his call. I have him blocked. He knows why...
    Lol sounds serious

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    He sucked for San Diego a couple years Ago, and his ERA this year isn’t that great either. If we can get hits off this pitcher, we are seriously in a slump.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Red Sox and Mariners are very similar teams, and not just because of current record and strength of schedule. This has been a very interesting series. Can either (or both) maintain this level of play all year?
    To state the obvious, the Red Sox are more likely than the Mariners to maintain this level of play. But there's always hope with this year's anticipated arrivals of Jarred Kelenic and Logan Gilbert (and later Julio Rodriguez, Emerson Hancock, George Kirby, Noelvi Marte and Cal Raleigh).

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    To state the obvious, the Red Sox are more likely than the Mariners to maintain this level of play. But there's always hope with this year's anticipated arrivals of Jarred Kelenic and Logan Gilbert (and later Julio Rodriguez, Emerson Hancock, George Kirby, Noelvi Marte and Cal Raleigh).
    I would actually give the edge to Seattle. That bullpen looks legit

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Lefthander Nick Margevicius lost the Spring Training battle for the final slot in Seattle's six-man rotation but joined the rotation on April 13 after James Paxton went down with a season-ending injury.

A Seattle blogger's preseason report on the 24-year-old Margevicius, who has an ERA of 5.49 in 21 career starts:

https://www.lookoutlanding.com/2021/...ck-margevicius

Legend
    He sucked for San Diego a couple years Ago, and his ERA this year isn’t that great either. If we can get hits off this pitcher, we are seriously in a slump.
    FWIW the Red Sox this year have posted a .254/.293/.419/.713 line against lefthanded starters in eight games and a .292/.360/.481/.842 line against righthanded starters in 14 games.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/t...=BOS&year=2021