Register now to remove this ad

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Game Day Thread 04.28.21 - Red Sox (Pivetta) @ Mets (He isn’t human deGrom)

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Well said Thunder

Through this stretch, we also have a top ten pitching staff right now (I took a brief look at the stats) no way did I think we would have anything close to a top ten pitching staff. Hell I thought we would be near the bottom without Sale, E Rod missing first couple starts etc. This rotation as well as the bullpen like Whitlock, Barnes, Sawamura, Andriese, valdez, Ottavino have been nothing short of fantastic outside of an inning here or there. We also hold the best offensive title currently in the league. This team has constantly surprised me and put a smile on my face this year. I wasn’t expecting a ton from this team, so for them to be tied for the best record In baseball is just amazing.
    This team is being (will be) managed and built like LAD —A lot of young elite talent supported by 4-5 key master pieces. Bloom is Friedman's boy.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    This team is being (will be) managed and built like LAD —A lot of young elite talent supported by 4-5 key master pieces. Bloom is Friedman's boy.
    These Rays guys really know pitching. Not just how to spot good pitchers, but how to get the most out of each one.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    These Rays guys really know pitching. Not just how to spot good pitchers, but how to get the most out of each one.
    That's correct. I've read here and there that the intellectual mind behind those Rays was actually Chaim Bloom. Friedman has done a terrific job in LA every year since he took the team. They have developed and traded a lot of talent and have plenty of money. I expect the same for the Red Sox with Bloom here. We have to give him time regardless this season. IMO this team will be ready to contend in a regular basis in 2-3 years, but once there, this team will be unstoppable. Save this post.
    Last edited by iortiz; 04-29-2021 at 11:12 AM.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.