Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/2 @ Texas

5/2 @ Texas

RHP Garrett Richards (1-2, 4.94) vs RHP Mike Foltynewicz (1-3, 4.61)

Which Richards will show up today? I personally don't care, as long as we find a way to win. We still haven't lost a series since Opening Weekend, let's not start now, and then take advantage of the weak opponents coming our way this week.

Kind of a weird start time today. 2:35 PM in the east
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Noon game

Let’s get a W

Kike gets the leadoff spot out of the way quickly

Let’s get a W.

GR had a chance at a good inning but manages to do a miniblowup by going 3-2 then wild pitching. Needs a DP noe, and on an early pitch

At best Richards is a high pitch count grinder, without much command/control

Richards from what I've seen of late has the best stuff of any of the SOX starters. Control remains an issue. I'm actually hopeful this guy could be dominant again.

Final 4 hitters for Sox are led by Plawecki, who just insured he would stay just over .200. The other 3 , Gonzalez, Renfro, Cordero are looking up at the Mendoza line.
    Last edited by vegasbob; 05-02-2021 at 02:10 PM.

We scored!
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

The one thing Cordero did that was positive was ensuring he wouldn't lead off the 3rd.
    "Fans have become more entitled than anything. So they're starting to question our motives for the game, or how we approach the game. The ones that do question -- like who are you? Just shut up and watch the game tonight." --Kevin Durant on players' lack of effort in regular season games.

Franchy, now 1 for last 32. BA over that stretch, .031 . Looks like a great relievers ERA. If you called yourself French's , we could spread you on a hot dog,

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jad View Post
    The one thing Cordero did that was positive was ensuring he wouldn't lead off the 3rd.

Maybe he needs his eyes checked or lighter bat or.....hell I don't know. This is why he reminds me of JBJ at the plate. There is so much going wrong in that swing that its hard to figure out where to start.

Deity
    Well we might have corroborating information on this year's baseball. Cora says pitches are doing things he did not see when he played and if they are flying a few feet shorter then maybe what they did is raise the seams again. Pitchers would have gotten used to throwing balls with almost no seams and still getting them to move for them. Give them baseballs with pre-2017 or maybe even pre-2016 seams and it makes sense they would be having a field day.

I have seen some old timey curve balls so far this year......just 12 to 666666666. Sliders moving all over the place. Even the Sinker is making a comeback.

Deity
    When Richards goes back door breaking ball to LH hitters that thing is breaking so much that it still looks like it is going to make it back to the plate even starting it way outside.

Well not that strike 3. That was a FB and way outside...missed by the HP ump.

Deity
    Need to get the split here! Yankees are starting to pick it up.