Register now to remove this ad

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: May 7 Red Sox (ERod) @ Orioles (Harvey)

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Thing I find funny with Jacko..... he’s obviously threatened by us.

No critic or sports analyst alive would have predicted the Sox to have the best record in baseball 30 some games into the season and first in the division..... yet here we are, and here the Yankees are, second last in the division. Yankees fans should be embarrassed that the Sox are on top of the division lol. Sure some of us die hards predicted a decent season and playoffs, but can anyone honestly say they thought we would have the number one record in all of baseball right now? Doubtful..... so whatever Yankees fans throw at us, I don’t really care. Jacko said a couple days ago, “Sox will be first for another week and then fall off” The fact that we are first at all is hilarious to me. Outside of a few Sox fans, nobody would have predicted this. A questionable bullpen, new additions to the rotation, no E Rod to start the season, Sale still injured.

Folks, this has been a magical carpet ride so far and I’m lovin it! The Yankees fans on my Facebook have never been so quiet lmfao it’s amazing. I’m sure once we slump, and Yanks get hot they will start talking again.....: but don’t let it get to you. I wasn’t expecting a ton this season and it has been fun as hell!!!! Let’s keep it going. Sports has been a good one for me. Oilers clinch a playoff spot too!! Bring down those bastard maple leafs and Canadiens and Jets!!!
    Agree with moonslav59 and iortiz. Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    In 1949 Dom had a 34 game hitting streak.
    Dom was very good at relaying to Williams what kind of stuff pitchers were throwing! That alone made him valuable to the Sox!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Dom was very good at relaying to Williams what kind of stuff pitchers were throwing! That alone made him valuable to the Sox!
    There were so many great players during Dom's era of playing that, unfortunately, very good players like Dom are pretty much forgotten today. It's a good thing that he's getting some recognition today on this thread.