Register now to remove this ad

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Frenchy Sucks Bobby sucks .

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Same here. He showed reasons for hope again last night with 2 hits, including a huge one in the 9th.
    Despite my occasional criticisms, the bottom line is that we are both good with whatever Cora and Bloom decide to do. They have things under control.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    Yes, Dalbec would have more value to the Sox than Chavis, but with Casas a year away Bloom needs to consider the long term.
    The great thing about Bloom is that he is most definitely prioritizing the long term success of the team over just short term results. He won't make any moves that hurt the long term goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    The great thing about Bloom is that he is most definitely prioritizing the long term success of the team over just short term results. He won't make any moves that hurt the long term goals.
    I totally agree, but that does not mean he won’t trade any prospects. I think he’s looking at who will be squeezed from next years roster or taken in Rule 5 and may trade 2 or 3 for one helpful piece- maybe even a rental.
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I totally agree, but that does not mean he won’t trade any prospects. I think he’s looking at who will be squeezed from next years roster or taken in Rule 5 and may trade 2 or 3 for one helpful piece- maybe even a rental.
    I don't disagree. I never said that he wouldn't trade any prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I don't disagree. I never said that he wouldn't trade any prospects.
    Yes, I didn't mean to imply you felt he might not trade prospects.

I'm sure Bloom has identified a few prospects and ML players like Chavis, maybe as many as 5-8, that he feels may not be good enough to be on next year's roster, but who might still have some trade value. By trading some of these guys, he won't be mortgaging the future unless one of these players ends up surprising Bloom by being better than he realized.
    Sox 4 Ever

Yes, I didn't mean to imply you felt he might not trade prospects.

I'm sure Bloom has identified a few prospects and ML players like Chavis, maybe as many as 5-8, that he feels may not be good enough to be on next year's roster, but who might still have some trade value. By trading some of these guys, he won't be mortgaging the future unless one of these players ends up surprising Bloom by being better than he realized.
    It's the old story, you need to give up good assets to get good assets. The trick is to find players that best fit your needs going forward. I believe Bloom is a very intelligent guy and will look to strengthen us by filling our key needs without damaging our future.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    It's the old story, you need to give up good assets to get good assets. The trick is to find players that best fit your needs going forward. I believe Bloom is a very intelligent guy and will look to strengthen us by filling our key needs without damaging our future.
    Agreed, and I think we have some good assets that we cannot protect, next season, unless we only sign 1-2 FAs.

I think Bloom will identify a 2-3 good players that may not be part of our long term plans and trade them.
    Sox 4 Ever

All-Star

I think Bloom will identify a 2-3 good players that may not be part of our long term plans and trade them.
    I think this is spot on. Not all assets are in bloom’s long or medium term plans. I think he looks to unload those this year, if he can find a dance partner.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    I think this is spot on. Not all assets are in bloom’s long or medium term plans. I think he looks to unload those this year, if he can find a dance partner.
    We probably can't keep all these guys, next year:

Chavis, Wilson, ArauzPotts, Rosario, Groome and maybe one from Plawecki and Wong. There may be more on this list.

Some of these guys have trade value, especially for a salary dump type player.
    Sox 4 Ever

"Frenchy" and Bobby had important hits to keep rallies going in this series...
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    "Frenchy" and Bobby had important hits to keep rallies going in this series...
    Dalbec is 8th on the team in PAs.

He was 5th in RBI, until Kike just passed him.
    Sox 4 Ever

Bob Is A horrific player and dragging the team down

Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    Bob Is A horrific player and dragging the team down
    He's not worse than Cordero though.
    I hope you know, I pack a chainsaw

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    He's not worse than Cordero though.
    Which one has the higher trade value? Or which player best augments a potential trade package this offseason?