Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What does Frenchy have on the Red Sox

What does Frenchy have on the Red Sox

There has to be a reason the Red Sox keep playing this guy. I'm guessing he has some dirt on the front office or something. The guy can't hit his weight and his fielding is just average. I can think of three guys off the top of my head they could call up that would be more beneficial to the club than he is. Take away the two hits he had in that Tigers game (who didn't) and he is Ofer the last three weeks!

So nice you had to post it twice?
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    So nice you had to post it twice?
    LOLK, couldn't figure out how to delete one.

Quote Originally Posted by papajoe222 View Post
    LOLK, couldn't figure out how to delete one.
    It’s a really laborious process. Open the post you want to delete, hit the Edit button at the bottom, then when the next window opens, check the Delete Post box and hit the Delete button.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Deity
    Somebody already used the same line about Franchy (note spelling) Cordero. He's awful this year (OPS .412), but his career OPS was over .700 before this year.

This thread is so lame.

The one questionable thing Chaim did this offseason was replacing Beni with Cordero.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    The one questionable thing Chaim did this offseason was replacing Beni with Cordero.
    It's still early, and Cordero was just one part of the deal.

The $2+M saved may come in handy at the deadline.
    Winckowski
    3 PTBNLs

Let's wait and see the final numbers on Beni. (I'm not sure I wanna wait on Franchy's final numbers, unless I'm looking at his AAA ones.)
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    It's still early, and Cordero was just one part of the deal.

The $2+M saved may come in handy at the deadline.
    Winckowski
    3 PTBNLs

Let's wait and see the final numbers on Beni. (I'm not sure I wanna wait on Franchy's final numbers, unless I'm looking at his AAA ones.)
    All I'm saying is this move left us a little shorthanded in the outfield. The trade itself may be fine, but maybe should have picked up another outfielder.

What he has is no viable replacement as of 5/12/21. Bloom took a risk that he could use bandaids to fix the OF depth. Unfortunately, it hasn't really worked out. The only really productive hitter in the OF has been Verdugo, which was kind of expected. Many of us wondered what the plan was in the offseason. This team would look much better if it also had Pillar out there.
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

All I'm saying is this move left us a little shorthanded in the outfield. The trade itself may be fine, but maybe should have picked up another outfielder.
    100%
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Cordero was supposed to be an Outfielder.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Deity
    Of course some of that has to do with who the PTBNL's are. The Royals and the Mets have likely both submitted lists for the Sox to choose from, and Bloom is waiting to see who does well in the beginnings of the minor laeague season, which is probably a big factor as there was no minor league season last year to allow for any evaluation. The swapping of Cordero for Beni might have been influenced by the extra year of control on Cordero, as maybe being competitive in a year without Sale was an unexpected thing.

Both teams should be completing this deal by August 10 when we see who the PTBNL's are.

Right now it looks bad because the Sox are winning with the downgrade in LF. So right now the trade looks bad because the Sox are winning games. I'm not so sure this was an expected result, at least not this season. So this trade looks frustrating because the Sox are actually good...

Deity
    Yes the 40 man roster ad the minor league system in general is pretty weak in the OF. Marcus Wilson remains the one of two OF on the 40 man roster, and he is DFA material. Duran is the only viable OF in the system above A ball.

Of course, the Sox did address the OF depth in other ways - Hernandez, Gonzalez, and eventually Danny Santana. Right now, two of those three are hurt and the third is subbing for another injured player (Arroyo)...
    Last edited by notin; 05-12-2021 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Of course some of that has to do with who the PTBNL's are. The Royals and the Mets have likely both submitted lists for the Sox to choose from, and Bloom is waiting to see who does well in the beginnings of the minor laeague season, which is probably a big factor as there was no minor league season last year to allow for any evaluation. The swapping of Cordero for Beni might have been influenced by the extra year of control on Cordero, as maybe being competitive in a year without Sale was an unexpected thing.

Both teams should be completing this deal by August 10 when we see who the PTBNL's are.

Right now it looks bad because the Sox are winning with the downgrade in LF. So right now the trade looks bad because the Sox are winning games. I'm not so sure this was an expected result, at least not this season. So this trade looks frustrating because the Sox are actually good...
    But as you have pointed out a few times, we still have one of the highest payrolls. And Bloom did spend enough this offseason to get us within a few million of the tax threshold.

So I think it's fair to say the team was trying to do what they said, which was to field a competitive team.

Deity
    But as you have pointed out a few times, we still have one of the highest payrolls. And Bloom did spend enough this offseason to get us within a few million of the tax threshold.

So I think it's fair to say the team was trying to do what they said, which was to field a competitive team.
    Yes, and the payroll was largely inherited.

Sure he was probably trying to build a competitive team, but within some constraints, like not being competitive short term in a way that hampers future seasons.

And while Bloom did spend, the short contracts given to Hernandez and Richards are certainly not on par with some of the spending sprees we have seen GMs go on in the past...