Register now to remove this ad

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What does Frenchy have on the Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    People also thought Xander wasn't SS long term.
    Some still don't.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

I think Cordero could hit 400 in AAA.
    Let's just hope he gets 400 at bats there, so he won't have to have any here.
    "Fans have become more entitled than anything. So they're starting to question our motives for the game, or how we approach the game. The ones that do question -- like who are you? Just shut up and watch the game tonight." --Kevin Durant on players' lack of effort in regular season games.

Quote Originally Posted by jad View Post
    Let's just hope he gets 400 at bats there, so he won't have to have any here.
    If he does well in 150-300 at AAA, and we have a need in the OF, he'll get another look-see.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    If he does well in 150-300 at AAA, and we have a need in the OF, he'll get another look-see.
    Even if duran comes up and works out.

Cordero/Renfroe in LF, Duran in CF and Verdugo in Rf might be the best possible OF given the current players available, assuming Duran does not disappoint...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post

Cordero/Renfroe in LF, Duran in CF and Verdugo in Rf might be the best possible OF given the current players available, assuming Duran does not disappoint...
    Exactly.

We really don't want Renfroe playing FT, especially against every RHP.

We may end up using Kike in the OF, instead of Cordero/Renfroe, but that's assuming Arroyo does not disappoint going forward...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post

I guess, but Duran's defense is really behind right now. They'd probably have Renfroe/Cordero in RF and Verdugo in CF.
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

I guess, but Duran's defense is really behind right now. They'd probably have Renfroe/Cordero in RF and Verdugo in CF.
    But, Duran is not playing LF at AAA, so even more time will be needed, if that is the plan.

I still think will be the most common OF alignment:

LF: Verdugo/ Cordero or Santana/Marwin
    CF: Kike
    RF: Verdugo/ Renfroe

This assumes Arroyo is healthy and doing well at 2B.

It should be noted that Bloom thinks Durran has chance to be great as a center fielder. Bloom is the head of baseball operations.
    Last edited by Nick; 05-13-2021 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    It should be noted that Bloom thinks Durran has chance to be great as a center fielder. Bloom is the head of baseball operations.
    He most likely does. Sometimes, they say things to help with confidence or trade value.

I believe he is really high on Duran, but we don't know when he will think he's ML ready.

That's the big unknown, right now.

It could just be days, as he wants him to play a few games before being called up, or it might be something major he wants him to work through before a call-up.

To me, Cordero's defense is as suspect as his offense. JD may be clunky, but Franchy at best is funky.

This may be dinosaur-speak, but some modern players just aren't good at fundamentals from Day One of their MLB careers (partly from not playing sun-up to sundown all summer like kids once did). When guys used to make the majors, they all seemed prepared with at least adequate baseball skills. It's not always true any more for every aspect.

You may not be a Josh Reddick guy, but when he got called up at age 22, maybe he wasn't an instant batting star, but he could immediately run down a ball in the outfield and hit the cutoff with authority. Same with Brady Anderson, at what, age 24.

Cordero’s confidence looks shot! Even as he steps to the plate, he looks completely clueless!

Wouldn’t Santana be a better option for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Cordero’s confidence looks shot! Even as he steps to the plate, he looks completely clueless!

Wouldn’t Santana be a better option for us?
    He hasn’t played enough recently to be ready to step into action. Maybe soon.

Legend
    He most likely does. Sometimes, they say things to help with confidence or trade value.

I believe he is really high on Duran, but we don't know when he will think he's ML ready.

That's the big unknown, right now.

It could just be days, as he wants him to play a few games before being called up, or it might be something major he wants him to work through before a call-up.
    Maybe there are other reasons that they are reluctant to bring Duran up. Years of control or something like that. Trying Duran now instead of sticking with a very unproductive Cordero appears to be a no brainer and I don't buy the stated excuses for not doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    Maybe there are other reasons that they are reluctant to bring Duran up. Years of control or something like that. Trying Duran now instead of sticking with a very unproductive Cordero appears to be a no brainer and I don't buy the stated excuses for not doing it.
    When you see JD Martinez out there in left instead of Franchy, you know Franchy's days with the big club are down to a small number.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.