Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pesky Rays Won't Go Away

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I would love to hear from Jacksonianmarch, my favorite Yankee poster, laying out his views projecting Sox and the Yankees roster makeup going forward with payroll implications.
    He may not be saying we will keep getting worse and worse before getting better, anymore.

That was his mantra.
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    We are positioned well.

Bloom only signed one player to more than 1 year, and that was Hernandez to just 2 years. Richards and Perez have option years, Renfroe has arb years left and we lose a lot of salary, this winter, with only ERod and Barnes tough to replace (or re-sign).

Our highest need areas line up with our highest ranked prospects:

OF: Duran (Jimenez)

1B: Casas

2B: Downs (Yorke)

SP: Whitlock, Houck, Seabold, Ward (Mata & A Ramirez)
    In the upcoming draft, we could have a chance to pick up one of the Vanderbilt pitchers in the first round and maybe get bednar of miss state in the second round. Those two pitchers should cruise through our system fairly quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    In the upcoming draft, we could have a chance to pick up one of the Vanderbilt pitchers in the first round and maybe get bednar of miss state in the second round. Those two pitchers should cruise through our system fairly quickly!
    No matter who we take, our ranking should jump a few slots overnight.

The way some of our top prospects are playing, we maybe jump more than just a few slots.
    Sox 4 Ever

No matter who we take, our ranking should jump a few slots overnight.

The way some of our top prospects are playing, we maybe jump more than just a few slots.
    There was talk on the radio of hang’em chaim already having an “at or below slot deal with a less highly graded youngster for the first round” in order to have more money for later in the draft.

I hope that is not true,

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    There was talk on the radio of hang’em chaim already having an “at or below slot deal with a less highly graded youngster for the first round” in order to have more money for later in the draft.

I hope that is not true,
    I trust Bloom.
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    All I know is starting tomorrow, I am rooting for the Yankees!
    I am rooting for the Rays.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    The Rays are so hot, they look like they're going to win 120 games.
    Not so long ago, the Dodgers looked untouchable. They came back down to earth, as will the Rays.

He may not be saying we will keep getting worse and worse before getting better, anymore.

That was his mantra.
    "The Sox will not be competitive until 2025 or 2026."

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Not so long ago, the Dodgers looked untouchable. They came back down to earth, as will the Rays.
    I’m rooting for the Rays, too.

I do think they will come down to earth, too, but will end up very near the top of the AL in winning %.

The Yanks are still the team to beat, unless or until another major injury occurs, and they stand pat at the deadline— again,
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    "The Sox will not be competitive until 2025 or 2026."
    Jacko is usually pretty level-headed, but the absurdity of that statement has homer rivalry written all over it.

We know the Sox are going to stay near the tax line and we’re shedding some dead weight contract long before 2025, so even if we took a longer time rebuilding the farm, we’d still have been competitive by 2022 or 2023.
    Sox 4 Ever

I’m rooting for the Rays, too.

I do think they will come down to earth, too, but will end up very near the top of the AL in winning %.

The Yanks are still the team to beat, unless or until another major injury occurs, and they stand pat at the deadline— again,
    I'm guessing the Rays will stay in the race the entire season, but they won't continue to play .900 ball like they have over the past 2 weeks. I hope they beat the Yankees every game. I'll worry about the Rays when we play the Rays again.

Jacko is usually pretty level-headed, but the absurdity of that statement has homer rivalry written all over it.

We know the Sox are going to stay near the tax line and we’re shedding some dead weight contract long before 2025, so even if we took a longer time rebuilding the farm, we’d still have been competitive by 2022 or 2023.
    I like Jacko. He's a good guy who's as passionate about his team as we are about the Sox. But yes, sometimes he gets carried away.

The Rays going 16-1 is simply amazing!

Of course, it's unsustainable, but teams that have stretches like this often go on to great endings.

The Sox has a 17-1 stretch in 2018, after our opening day loss. We ended up going 90-52 afterwards, which was still fantastic. I'm not sure the Rays can pull that off, especially in this year's ALE.
    Sox 4 Ever

The Rays won the division, last year, by going 40-20. That's a nice record.

They are 35-20, now.

Last year, they did lose 5 straight and 6 of 7 during one stretch.

They won 96 games in 2019, while going 12-17 in a 30 day stretch and 9-12 in another stretch shortly after the first one I mentioned.

They won 90 games in 2018, after being just 1 game over .500 on August 8th.

This team can be streaky.
    Sox 4 Ever

Pesky rays pitching has been getting better! As long as the pitching holds out, wins will keep coming!