Register now to remove this ad

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 6/2 @ Houston

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Lucky for us it lands as Tampa is red hot (luckily Yanks have beat them twice) if that’s considered lucky……. Yanks catching up to us too.
    We are not a championship caliber team. We could be there sooner than expected though.
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

I expect M. Perez will keep the SOX in tomorrow's game. He, too, has been a pleasant surprise. I, also, expect the SOX to win tomorrow, because it's hard to sweep any team in a 4 game series.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Lucky for us it lands as Tampa is red hot (luckily Yanks have beat them twice) if that’s considered lucky……. Yanks catching up to us too.
    We have what, 16 games left with Tampa and 19 with the Yanks; how they do in those games will go a long way in determining playoff possibilities.

Tampa wasn't going to continue a 16 out of 17 pace or whatever it was; the 27 Yankees didn't do that for a season. Unfortunately, the Yanks may be waking up, and let's face it, the Sox haven't exactly lit Yankee Stadium on fire the past several years. Even in 2018, I think they only went 3-6 there.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    We have what, 16 games left with Tampa and 19 with the Yanks; how they do in those games will go a long way in determining playoff possibilities.

Tampa wasn't going to continue a 16 out of 17 pace or whatever it was; the 27 Yankees didn't do that for a season. Unfortunately, the Yanks may be waking up, and let's face it, the Sox haven't exactly lit Yankee Stadium on fire the past several years. Even in 2018, I think they only went 3-6 there.
    Don't forget Price was 0-4 vs. NY in '18, including the playoffs, with a double-digit ERA.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    Don't forget Price was 0-4 vs. NY in '18, including the playoffs, with a double-digit ERA.
    Yankee Stadium is a hitters park. All the more reason to credit their pitching staff.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post

Agree those games are especially important this year.

Deity
    This morning's stats say the five best Sox pitchers, WAR-wise, are--

Eovaldi and Pivetta @ 1.1,
    Barnes @ 1.0,
    and Richards, Perez, and--wait for it--Whitlock @ .9.

Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    I'm OK. Forced isolation for most of a year waiting for the vaccines. I am in that 1% of asthma sufferers for whom just the asthma can kill ya'. Has tried to kill me twice already with no help from anything else. COVID was taking 30 year olds with my kind of acute asthma. But made it this far. The isolation part hasn't been easy. Thank God my son has been living with me and we have had a good COVID plan and living arrangement. Probably saved my ass for what it is worth.
    Good to hear you are oks old sport. I was diagnosed with COVID last December but fortunately I had only mild symptoms. Unfortunately in Mexico the whole COVID thing has been a disaster in great part of this inept government.

Anyways, at least this team is helping us to cheer us all up a bit and helping to forget as well major real-life problems like COVID.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    Good to hear you are oks old sport. I was diagnosed with COVID last December but fortunately I had only mild symptoms. Unfortunately in Mexico the whole COVID thing has been a disaster in great part of this inept government.

Anyways, at least this team is helping us to cheer us all up a bit and helping to forget as well major real-life problems like COVID.
    Glad to hear you came out of that OK. Good hearing from you again too!