Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Yanks to acquire Rizzo

Yanks to acquire Rizzo

Da fuq?
    Hal sucks

I'm curious who they had to give up. He's just a rental so hopefully not a ton, but I guess this means Voit is gone.

Geez, didn’t see this coming.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Alcantara and Vizcaino. Don’t like getting rid of Alcantara at all. We are short on good OF prospects, but it got the Cubs to eat the entire contract

Vizcaino is more likely to end up in the bullpen, but has closer stuff with a highly rated fastball and a changeup that is rated as elite. Alacantra could end up being good, but is still a few years away from the bigs. All in all not a lot to get Rizzo and have them eat his contract.

Not sure why I wasn’t more excited about this at the time. Here I thought Rizzo was this 34-35 yr old washed up player. He’s 31. His last full season, he was a 4WAR player with a .900+ OPS and an OBP over .400. Last year was an anomaly due to covid and a ridiculously low BABIP. This year, his K and BB rate are about 1% lower than his career averages, but his isoPower is almost exactly career average, his barrel and hard hit % are actually higher than his career averages, yet his BABIP is 20 points lower than his career norms. This is a guy who has had an unlucky stretch. It was due to correct and it has in a big way. This guy is now playing for his next contract, and heck, it could be in NY