Register now to remove this ad

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: July 31, Sox @ the Rays

You don't have to throw them under the bus....

A mere "we're struggling would do". To say I'm not concerned is a lie. And for the poster that stated "what do you expect him to say, that we suck?" You're real deep thinker.
    I write fictional stories in my spare time. So don't fact check me. Better?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    Yankees creeping closer as well. Smh. Cora needs to call a meeting with his club.
    They are not playing like a team. I know baseball is a sport of mainly individual matchups. But they are all trying to carry the team on their backs individually and then getting down in the mouth when it does not happen. Everything in the batting order after Hernandez is pure shit right now.

Deity
    Why by the way are we expecting pitching to carry this team? That was not the plan. The pitchers have performed above expectation. We should not be shocked if they turn into pumpkins.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    Why by the way are we expecting pitching to carry this team? That was not the plan. The pitchers have performed above expectation. We should not be shocked if they turn into pumpkins.
    They could pitch better. What sucks is that nobody was brung in through a trade. Basically that’s like a white flag . Yankees made moves and look reenergized.

Pivetta going tomorrow? Yikes
    For a good part of the season it's been EO followed by 4 Yikes!!

My brother called me after the game. I picked up the phone and said "Red Sox Hot Line; the line is hot, the SOX are not." My brother responded with a phony laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Rays now in first place, which they can cement further with another win tomorrow. It was a fun 2/3 of a season, but the final 1/3 looks like a whole lot of pain.
    I guess your days of starting the game thread are over Max. Time for someone else tomorrow. Good luck.

Horrific game.

For once, I’m speechless.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

I think we will be seeing more games like this.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    I think we will be seeing more games like this.

If they have no urgency whatsoever. Cora probably called a team meeting . Everyone of those guys should look themselves in the mirror. They haven’t done their job.

If they have no urgency whatsoever. Cora probably called a team meeting . Everyone of those guys should look themselves in the mirror. They haven’t done their job.
    I think they might feel that the FO gave up on them after seeing the flurry of moves made by so many teams while the Red Sox stayed almost entirely idle except for landing a big bat that is on the IL who plays a position at which we didn’t need help.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    I think they might feel that the FO gave up on them after seeing the flurry of moves made by so many teams while the Red Sox stayed almost entirely idle except for landing a big bat that is on the IL who plays a position at which we didn’t need help.
    I hear you. Sucks. Hopefully they can win a ball game. Seems like awhile ago.

This. No player will admit it to the press, but if their performances don't look uninspired enough, the glum faces are revealing.