Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Just Ignore All Ghost Threads

Just Ignore All Ghost Threads

I know, I know, I'm the worst culprit, but the absurdity and repetition calls for a mass boycott.
    Sox 4 Ever

Deity
    Ghost is allowed to say whatever he wants. Yeah his threads are usually pretty shallow,, but they don’t offend anyone except maybe Bobby Dalbec. If you don’t like them, don’t click them…

I like you moon, but this isn’t you. This guy is an emotional Sox poster. I have been told I’m an emotional Yankee poster. Banning someone or rallying the group to avoid someone for emoting on a message board is poor form. If you don’t like him, block him and move on.

a) You ask the guy nicely not to start a thread every time a '______ sucks' thought pops into his head and he ignores the request.
    b) He's been banned before under the name Natick to NC.

So no, this isn't just about not letting a guy say what he wants. Sorry. I'm with moon.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

I've been saying this for over a year now. It's annoying more than anything else
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

A lot of posters go silent when things get bad for the team they root for. Sometimes there are more complaints when the Red Sox are actually on the verge of contention, because we all want them to improve areas of concern so they can keep winning (for example, most realize that Casas is probably not ready yet for the MLB, but all of us can see that guys like Dalbec, Cordero and Chavis definitely aren't, either. So people wonder and make posts with suggestions).

I have no problem with posters getting emotional giving their own opinions. Mocking rival fans may be acceptable in this give-and-take culture, but mocking others with a common rooting interest is bad karma.

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    A lot of posters go silent when things get bad for the team they root for. Sometimes there are more complaints when the Red Sox are actually on the verge of contention, because we all want them to improve areas of concern so they can keep winning (for example, most realize that Casas is probably not ready yet for the MLB, but all of us can see that guys like Dalbec, Cordero and Chavis definitely aren't, either. So people wonder and make posts with suggestions).

I have no problem with posters getting emotional giving their own opinions. Mocking rival fans may be acceptable in this give-and-take culture, but mocking others with a common rooting interest is bad karma.
    Well said. I don't agree, but I know how to do so respectfully.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

The problem is not getting overly emotional. It's flooding the site with numerous threads- many not much different than the others.

Of course, posters can click and respond. A suggested boycott is not asking for a ban or any sort of punishment for positing on his threads.

Many have told me to ignore his posts and threads. I, now, see the value in that advise and am trying to pass it on to others. You don't have to agree, but my thought is, if nobody responds, maybe he'll lessen the amount of new threads.

Who knows? Maybe he'll get overly emotional about this strategy and go overboard with even more nonsensical threads just to make a point.

It's not like he hasn't been politely told to not start similar or annoying/trolling threads.
    Sox 4 Ever

I don't think we should have any campaign against another poster. Live and let live. If you don't like his stuff , don't read it . It's that simple. We can all make up our own minds about that.
    Old school is good school.

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    I don't think we should have any campaign against another poster. Live and let live. If you don't like his stuff , don't read it . It's that simple. We can all make up our own minds about that.
    I think it's OK to campaign in limited circumstances, such as when:

a) They were previously banned.
    b) They repeatedly refuse to abide by simple requests from other posters.

Yeah, I think that makes it OK. My conscience is clear!
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post

I made too many angry posts this past year I will admit this .Truth is this place has a few guys that try to dictate what’s acceptable and I’m just not one to give two shits what they think but I do care about some others who have voiced on here .I humbly ask not to be blocked or banned by anyone here for that I will not start threads .Not because some Jag off wants this nope it’s because I recognized I’m too damn angry at this team it’s ownership .I actually liked what Dombrowski did and I’ve never liked the Bloom Hire and I absolutely despise that we didn’t get a starter back in the Mookie trade .Moon I just can’t believe it coming from you ? This fucking hurts man .I have had wars on topics with you but we have also pulled in the same direction countless times FFS don’t put me on ignore man .Im taking a vacation won’t be around for ten days So enjoy the vacation from Ghost and I think the team turns things around after last night .Love all you bastards by the way.Ghost out

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post

I think that's a little too wide open. Sometimes requests are unreasonable.

If the guy doesn't offend anyone, let him have at it. Maybe some people like responding to his stuff.

And what was he banned for previously? If he attacked other people or made derogatory comments (not counting those to Bobby Dalbec), he should be banned, but that doesn't mean he now has a new set of rules, like "If you make a thread about a demotion that could never happen under existing rules and also shows you have no understanding of how minor leagues work" is not an acceptable reason banning for anyone IMO.

What's truly sad now is that Ghost has become a bigger topic that the current team. Maybe we do need him...