Register now to remove this ad

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 228

Thread: 9/15 SOX @ Mariners 4:05PM

  1. #211
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    47,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    What a stupid way to end the season at a NL park, which means no DH.��
    I would assume that 2 out of Dalbec, Schwarber and JD would play every day.

  2. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    So, Schwarber in RF, Renfroe in CF and JD in LF.?

    Maybe Schwarber at 1B vs a lefty?
    I know you're joking, but would even Joe Kerrigan start that first trio with a postseason berth on the line? Tell notin that Bobby V is holding an online contest to see which talksox posters will be those outfielders' late-inning defensive replacements in Washington.

    Bottom line: Cora will want to keep at least one big bat on the pine for late-inning pinch-hitting heroics. Who fans prefer will be irrelevant, since the Nats' starting pitcher will determine whether JD or Schwarber is in the original line-up.

  3. #213
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    48,903
    Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    I know you're joking, but would even Joe Kerrigan start that first trio with a postseason berth on the line? Tell notin that Bobby V is holding an online contest to see which talksox posters will be those outfielders' late-inning defensive replacements in Washington.

    Bottom line: Cora will want to keep at least one big bat on the pine for late-inning pinch-hitting heroics. Who fans prefer will be irrelevant, since the Nats' starting pitcher will determine whether JD or Schwarber is in the original line-up.
    I'm thinking we might actually see these alignments for 1 of the 3 games. (Maybe the one with Schwarber at 1B in 2 games.)
    Sox 4 Ever

  4. #214
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    48,903
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I would assume that 2 out of Dalbec, Schwarber and JD would play every day.
    If we face 2 lefties, maybe Dalbec starts once.
    Sox 4 Ever

  5. #215
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    47,074
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    If we face 2 lefties, maybe Dalbec starts once.
    OPS vs LHP

    774
    822
    848


    Which guy would you sit?
    Last edited by mvp 78; 09-16-2021 at 08:32 AM.

  6. #216
    Major Leaguer
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    407
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    If we face 2 lefties, maybe Dalbec starts once.
    If we face 2 lefties the way everyone is going now I don’t think Bobby D should be the odd man out, but there is still time to sort this all out, and a lot could change between now, and then.

  7. #217
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    47,074
    To me, Verdugo is on the bench vs LHP.

    JD would play LF, Kiké CF and Renfroe RF.

    Then you'd just go with the guy at 1b that would provide the best OPS vs LHP, right?

  8. #218
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    48,903
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    To me, Verdugo is on the bench vs LHP.

    JD would play LF, Kiké CF and Renfroe RF.

    Then you'd just go with the guy at 1b that would provide the best OPS vs LHP, right?
    For some reason, I keep reversing the split calls. I meant to say vs RHPs, Dalbec would not play 2 games.

    Career Splits:

    vs RHPs
    .874 Schwarber
    .860 Verdugo
    .856 JD
    .783 Dalbec
    .727 Renfroe (.762 in 2021)

    vs LHPs
    .954 JD
    .914 Renfroe
    .879 Dalbec
    .678 Schwarber (.774 this year)
    .663 Verdugo

    I guess we could sit JD one of the 3 games, but nobody should need "rest" in the last series of the season, and after we have had 4 days off before then.

    Obviously, Verdugo sits vs LHPs, but that forces JD and Schwarber to play OF in the same game and Renfroe to play CF!

    Vs, RHPs, Dalbec or Renfroe should sit. Maybe one for one game and the other for the other.

    Either way, we are forced to use one of the line-ups I mentioned, unless we sit a big bat.
    Sox 4 Ever

  9. #219
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    47,074
    Vs LHP, I think you guarantee Dalbec a start.

    Against RHP, I'd probably put Schwarber at 1b and JD in LF. Kiké would be in CF and Verdugo in RF.

  10. #220
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    47,074
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post

    Obviously, Verdugo sits vs LHPs, but that forces JD and Schwarber to play OF in the same game and Renfroe to play CF!

    JD in LF, Dalbec at 1B, Schwarb on bench to start the game.

  11. #221
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Greensboro, NC, moved here July 2020
    Posts
    11,530
    A shout-out to splendidsplinter--named for one of the truly great defensive outfielders in Sox history--for two huge back-to-back wins!!!
    Last edited by Maxbialystock; 09-16-2021 at 02:39 PM.

  12. #222
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Greensboro, NC, moved here July 2020
    Posts
    11,530
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    JD in LF, Dalbec at 1B, Schwarb on bench to start the game.
    Plus Schwarber has cooled off a tad.

  13. #223
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    47,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Plus Schwarber has cooled off a tad.
    Go with the hot hand.

  14. #224
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    48,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Plus Schwarber has cooled off a tad.
    Just a lil...LOL.

    Last 7 days
    .362 Kike
    .367 Schwarb
    .440 Renfroe
    .619 Devers
    .701 Verdugo

    .808 JD
    .879 Shaw

    1.036 Bogey (the rest helped)
    1.038 Vaz
    1.070 Dalbec

    1.446 Iggy the man!

    Last 14 days
    .325 Kike
    .591 Plawecki
    .668 Schwarb
    .708 Vaz
    .719 Devers

    .833 Verdugo
    .845 Arauz
    .845 Renfroe
    .878 JD

    .974 Santana (14 PAs)
    .988 Shaw
    1.029 Dalbec
    1.036 Bogey
    1.150 Iggy
    1.262 Motter (7 PAs)
    Sox 4 Ever

  15. #225
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    48,903
    If I had told you that some guy named Motter, along with Bobby Dee, Iggy, Shaw and Santana would be our 5 OPS leaders over the last 4 weeks, I'd have been laughed off the site.

    All are over .970!
    Sox 4 Ever

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •