Register now to remove this ad

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: 9/22 Mets @ SOX 7:10PM

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Because he swings at those low outside breaking balls all the time!
    Cora needs to get a new garbage can.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    It's still real to me dammit.
    Both right. If you watch the game and are on talksox, you can easily get attached to the players, who however come and go because MLB is a business, which, to be honest, is better for the players than the feudalism practiced before the reserve clause went away.

If you line up his production over the last 6 or 7 years, he is in an elite group, and for all the guff he is getting this season, his production has been pretty good. If he leaves, I will be sorry to see him go if they don’t replace his big bat. Also, he reportedly has helped the other hitters on the team, which has value.
    40th overall in fWAR.
    7th in WRC+ (right behind Nelson Cruz, which seems right).

How people feel about Nelson Cruz is how people should feel about JD Martinez.

Since 2016:

Cruz $73.4M
    JD $94M
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Both right. If you watch the game and are on talksox, you can easily get attached to the players, who however come and go because MLB is a business, which, to be honest, is better for the players than the feudalism practiced before the reserve clause went away.
    I don't mind the players earning $$$. I mind the Sox owners not paying the players I like that $$$.

I don't mind the players earning $$$. I mind the Sox owners not paying the players I like that $$$.
    We're basically talking about one player?
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

40th overall in fWAR.
    7th in WRC+ (right behind Nelson Cruz, which seems right).

How people feel about Nelson Cruz is how people should feel about JD Martinez.

Since 2016:

Cruz $73.4M
    JD $94M
    Cruz is also an elite bat. The Red Sox usually have to overpay. As a fan, I leave the finances to the filthy rich ownership who soak every nickel they can out of the fans. I was just commenting on being disappointed about losing an elite bat. Also, JD is now a full time DH, so he will no longer command $20 million/year. At $15-17 million Ortiz money, he would be a bargain.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

My take on Betts leaving is that if Betts had stayed, the SOX would not have Dugo and probably not have Renfroe. My question is have the combined outputs of both Dugo and Renfroe better the output the SOX would have gotten from Betts alone?
    Note: Even had Bloom picked up Renfroe with Betts still on the team, Renfroe's playing time would have been obviously limited.

Cruz is also an elite bat. The Red Sox usually have to overpay. As a fan, I leave the finances to the filthy rich ownership who soak every nickel they can out of the fans. I was just commenting on being disappointed about losing an elite bat. Also, JD is now a full time DH, so he will no longer command $20 million/year. At $15-17 million Ortiz money, he would be a bargain.
    Speaking of 'bargains', based on what Renfroe gave the SOX this season for 3 million should come under the category of 'highway robbery.'

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    We're basically talking about one player?
    Depends on if they pay Xander.

Also should have kept Pedro.

And Lester.