Register now to remove this ad

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/22 Mets @ SOX 7:10PM

If you still have concerns about the Sox pitching, rest easy. Cy Young himself has not won a game since Sept 22, 1911. All will be well

Finally, an inning where we don’t score.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    We have to replace ERod and Ottavino, too.

Yes, we can make it work with JD and Schwarber, but it would be very complicated and defense-weakening. I’m thinking we’d trade JD, if Schwarber is re-signed. We may also sell high on Renfroe, and move Verdugo back to RF. Trading Verdugo could be another option.

Here’s a possible rotation with everyone back:

10 game plan
    JD 9 at DH- 1 off
    Dalbec 9 at 1B - 1 off
    Verdugo 3 in LF - 4 in CF-1 RF- 1 off
    Kike 6 in CF- 3 at 2B- 1 off
    Arroyo 7 at 2B- 3 off
    Renfroe 9 in RF- 1 off
    Schwarber 7 in LF- 1 DH- 1 1B- 1 off

Verdugo plays 8/ Arroyo 7, everyone else 9/10
    Way to complicated. I don’t see them trading JD, or resigning Schwaber. I believe Renfroe is still arbitration eligible, and it is not like they have all these spare outfielders to get rid of Renfroe, or Verdugo, so trade them for what? You still don’t know what Bogey’s plans are after next year. Outside of Casas there isn’t much waiting in the wings. Either way there is all kinds of questions to be answered, but I still see JD back for his last year, and Schwaber gone. I’ve seen enough of both of them in the field.

Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    Well our season is on the line against the Yankees at home. Make or break.
    This is what makes baseball, imho, the greatest of the 4 major pro sports. I'm just happy the SOX have home field and I'm also happy the Yankems will still have to play their final 6 against the Rays and the Jays.
    At least we game threaders will have tomorrow off to get ready for 3 nerve wracking games over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    But were in the postseason as recently as 2016. Figure that one out, Machado
    Well, I'm going with Chris Davis as part of the decline.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    This is what makes baseball, imho, the greatest of the 4 major pro sports. I'm just happy the SOX have home field and I'm also happy the Yankems will still have to play their final 6 against the Rays and the Jays.
    At least we game threaders will have tomorrow off to get ready for 3 nerve wracking games over the weekend.
    Evol is the man I would want to start the series.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    If you still have concerns about the Sox pitching, rest easy. Cy Young himself has not won a game since Sept 22, 1911. All will be well
    Exactly 110 years between starts. He might be a little rusty and crusty.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    Evol is the man I would want to start the series.
    I believe that would be the one thing everyone on this thread would agree on.

Way to complicated. I don’t see them trading JD, or resigning Schwaber. I believe Renfroe is still arbitration eligible, and it is not like they have all these spare outfielders to get rid of Renfroe, or Verdugo, so trade them for what? You still don’t know what Bogey’s plans are after next year. Outside of Casas there isn’t much waiting in the wings. Either way there is all kinds of questions to be answered, but I still see JD back for his last year, and Schwaber gone. I’ve seen enough of both of them in the field.
    I seriously doubt we trade JD, but I would prefer Schwarber.

I really don’t see any major changes to the offense, except not re-signing Schwarber. That’s not today something surprising won’t occur.

An interesting question might be who is the most likely regular player to be replaced.

Arroyo at 2B? (Kike to 2B and find an OFer?)

Vazquez at C? (Who do we get?)

Perhaps the biggest debate might be who would be listed next?

I’d say JD, but some might say Bogey with his opt out looming.

Deity
    I seriously doubt we trade JD, but I would prefer Schwarber.

I really don’t see any major changes to the offense, except not re-signing Schwarber. That’s not today something surprising won’t occur.

An interesting question might be who is the most likely regular player to be replaced.

Arroyo at 2B? (Kike to 2B and find an OFer?)

Vazquez at C? (Who do we get?)

Perhaps the biggest debate might be who would be listed next?

I’d say JD, but some might say Bogey with his opt out looming.
    Would you trade Bogey if you knew he was going to opt out?

Would you trade Bogey if you knew he was going to opt out?
    Yes. I may do it even thinking it’s 50-50. Of course, I’m not handing him away.

If we were TB, Bloom would trade him. We are not, so who knows.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    They can distance themselves by winning 2 out of 3 that simple. At home! Get it done!!!! They would be up 4 games with 6 games remaining on the Yankees with the Yankees then facing the blue jays.

Deity
    Yes. I may do it even thinking it’s 50-50. Of course, I’m not handing him away.

If we were TB, Bloom would trade him. We are not, so who knows.
    Agree. Lots of contract decisions have to be made the next two years, and Devers has to be paid sooner than later.

Agree. Lots of contract decisions have to be made the next two years, and Devers has to be paid sooner than later.
    They should extend Bogey and Devers. They are the heart of this team. I think letting them go would just deflate the fan base even further. You have to play to the crowd every once in a while.
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    They should extend Bogey and Devers. They are the heart of this team. I think letting them go would just deflate the fan base even further. You have to play to the crowd every once in a while.
    Keeping fans happy is important, but winning does that. Nobody seems to care about Betts, this year, but when we sucked, last year, they did.

It really depends on what we could get for Bogey and his 1 year of control.

It also might depend on how he might handle a position change at some point during his extension.