Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/1 at Nats

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Starting Eovaldi on short rest, Sunday, if needed, makes sense, but I do not think it is wise to start Sale, tomorrow on short rest. He can barely get past 60-65 pitches, as it is.

I might start Eovaldi Sunday and use Sale for 3 innings in relief- or flip who starts and relieves.

The Saturday game looks like Seabold and or Houck. Hopefully Whitlock will be ready, too.
    At this point I think everyone is available.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    At this point I think everyone is available.
    Yes, but you'd start Sale on short rest, Saturday?

Yes, he can and should pitch on Sunday, but I don't think he's the guy you pitch on Saturday.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Sox need to play like a playoff team but will they? They look lifeless as of late.. careless and I don’t expect them to make any noise at this point. If they do it’ll be a pleasant surprise. That’s where I’m at. That said, GO RED SOX!!!
    The Bills, The Bruins, The Sabres & The Red Sox.

Yes, but you'd start Sale on short rest, Saturday?

Yes, he can and should pitch on Sunday, but I don't think he's the guy you pitch on Saturday.
    I’d give him the ball on Sunday and BPning on Saturday.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

The team entered the final 9 games pretty much in a great place to hold the WC#1 ; win at least 1 of the Yankee games 2 of 3 vs O's ; sweep the Nats. Somehow the train wrecked and they have dropped 5 of 6 , now truly need the Nats sweep and even that may only get you game #163 with Jays or M's, which the Sox will need to win to get the WC#2 the following day.

You can debate the starting pitchers for the Washington series all day , but you then need someone to pitch next week if you achieve your goal or you are quickly out anyway. But if you don't burn the 3 legit starters
    against the Nats, you don't need to worry anyway.

One thing that is wearisome is reading/listening to the interview quotes from Cora and team members like Bogaerts in Ian Browne's puff pieces saying that we need to improve, fix our very poor AB's and avoid giving up the 3 run blasts. Just play the game . I have no interest in what you are thinking or even if you do think . Don't sugarcoat it, you blew the opportunity for a great season, even short of the WS, and now are scrambling to avoid being on the DNR list.

He's been doing fine with the Nats. Hopefully we destroy him.
    Helps when you face the Marlins and Pirates in most of your starts.

Just checked the Orioles' pitching stats.Thanks to the SOX both Lowther's and Wells' ERA is now under 7.

Three more games against another last place team. A team that tanked their season. You can't ask for an easier task than the Orioles and Nats. Honestly, if you can't beat these guys , you should just hang your head and go home. Please spare me/us the " they exceeded our expectations" crap.
    Old school is good school.

Hernández 2B
    Schwarber LF
    Bogaerts SS
    Devers 3B
    Martinez RF
    Renfroe CF
    Dalbec 1B
    Vázquez C
    Rodriguez P

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Hernández 2B
    Schwarber LF
    Bogaerts SS
    Devers 3B
    Martinez RF
    Renfroe CF
    Dalbec 1B
    Vázquez C
    Rodriguez P
    I mentioned they might try having Schwarber and JD in the OF, at the same time, but I wasn't sure we'd see it. I did not expect it vs a lefty. I'm guessing we'll see it vs the next 2 righties, and maybe Verdugo replacing Renfroe in CF
    vs at least one of the righties, this weekend.

They could play Schwarber at 1B vs a righty or two, and play both Renfroe and Verdugo in the OF, or let Kike play CF and get Iggy into a line-up.

I think Cora's toughest call is who starts, tomorrow?

Sale on short rest?

Seabold with Houck & Whitlock on standby?

Houck?

I’d give him the ball on Sunday and BPning on Saturday.
    Use Sale on Saturday from the pen and start him on Sunday? Eovaldi will start on Sunday, unless we've clinched or are eliminated.

Maybe try winning. I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Maybe try winning. I dunno.
    They are going to collect solo jacks like pokémon.

Deity
    I mentioned they might try having Schwarber and JD in the OF, at the same time, but I wasn't sure we'd see it. I did not expect it vs a lefty. I'm guessing we'll see it vs the next 2 righties, and maybe Verdugo replacing Renfroe in CF
    vs at least one of the righties, this weekend.

They could play Schwarber at 1B vs a righty or two, and play both Renfroe and Verdugo in the OF, or let Kike play CF and get Iggy into a line-up.

I think Cora's toughest call is who starts, tomorrow?

Sale on short rest?

Seabold with Houck & Whitlock on standby?

Houck?

I for one do not like the lineup. There is no hitter right now that is going so good that they deserve to stay in the lineup. If you had a softball team the outfield would be great, but this alignment all I can say is yikes. As for who pitches after tonight let’s see how things look after tonight, and then go from there. I’m not opposed to Sale tomorrow, and EO on Sun, and don’t worry about short rest. They have all offseason to rest, which might come sooner than later the way they are playing, and if they should make it till Tuesday worry about that then. They made this mess for themselves, so you can’t hold anyone back.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I for one do not like the lineup. There is no hitter right now that is going so good that they deserve to stay in the lineup. If you had a softball team the outfield would be great, but this alignment all I can say is yikes. As for who pitches after tonight let’s see how things look after tonight, and then go from there. I’m not opposed to Sale tomorrow, and EO on Sun, and don’t worry about short rest. They have all offseason to rest, which might come sooner than later the way they are playing, and if they should make it till Tuesday worry about that then. They made this mess for themselves, so you can’t hold anyone back.
    If you have to throw ERod on Tuesday, it at least sets up your rotation for the ALDS if you win.