Register now to remove this ad

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Alex Cora MOY 2021

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Despite going 6-7 vs the ALE in that period of time.
    Indeed ... to cherry-pick a small sample to fit a particular narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    Indeed ... to cherry-pick a small sample to fit a particular narrative.
    I thought you'd like that, but the sample period was the one you mentioned (post trades).
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I thought you'd like that, but the sample period was the one you mentioned (post trades).
    Indeed, a larger sample of 61 games as opposed to the cited 13 games.

The 2021 Seattle Mariners' 19-15 record againt AL East teams included a 6-1 record against the 100-win division champion Tampa Bay Rays but a losing record (13-14) against other AL East clubs.

Indeed, a larger sample of 61 games as opposed to the cited 13 games.

The 2021 Seattle Mariners' 19-15 record againt AL East teams included a 6-1 record against the 100-win division champion Tampa Bay Rays but a losing record (13-14) against other AL East clubs.
    They're snakebit...
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    They're snakebit...
    No, they're just not a playoff team. They can hang a MOY banner all they want though. I'll take the WC win instead.

After the trade of Kendall Graveman and Rafael Montero for Abraham Toro and Joe Smith, Graveman posted an ERA of 3.13 in 23 appearances with the Astro while Smith posted an ERA of 2.00 in 23 appearances with the Mariners. Diego Castillo posted an ERA of 2.86 in 24 appearances with Seattle while JT Chargois, who went to Tampa Bay in the Castillo trade, posted an ERA of 1.90 in 25 appearances with the Rays.

The Mariners were 55-46 (.545) before the Graveman trade and 35-26 (.574) after the trade.
    Thanks for the stats. I was just wondering if anyone thought Toro and company made the difference or if there were regrets about falling just short of the postseason without Graveman, Chargois, etc. I had heard a few Mariners were outraged at the deals at the deadline. The before and after numbers for guys who came and went are interesting, as long as we acknowledge change of scenery contexts: new or modified roles living in new cities and time zones, with new teammates, coaches and home ballparks, playing against different opponents and divisions, etc., etc.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    Thanks for the stats. I was just wondering if anyone thought Toro and company made the difference or if there were regrets about falling just short of the postseason without Graveman, Chargois, etc. I had heard a few Mariners were outraged at the deals at the deadline. The before and after numbers for guys who came and went are interesting, as long as we acknowledge change of scenery contexts: new or modified roles living in new cities and time zones, with new teammates, coaches and home ballparks, playing against different opponents and divisions, etc., etc.
    Reports were that the trade of two months of Kendall Graveman resulted in an immediate intense negative reaction in the Seattle clubhouse. Those emotions reportedly calmed down two days later when the Mariners acquired three years and two months of a more established reliever in 27-year-old Diego Castillo.

Small-sample reliever ERA has its limitations, but post-trades Graveman had a higher ERA than Castillo and Joe Smith.