Register now to remove this ad

Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees 2021-2022 Offseason Thread

Baseball is built up the middle. I like Torres as a 2b. I like our pitching staff. Our catcher sucks. We don’t have a SS. We don’t have a CFer

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I miss the days where the Yanks see a weakness on their team and just get the best player to fill it. Last time they had a good team with clear hopes and went top of the line to replace them, they won a title (09). Each year they’ve filled one hole with a top line guy and skimped elsewhere, that weak link cost us. Get a CFer, a SS and a good defensive catcher. The rest of the team is good enough to win.
    That's 3 big holes.

There were years where the Yanks went "top shelf" on 3 slots or more in a winter.

I remember the 2013-2014 winter signings. There were 13 players who declined their QO's. The Yanks signed 4 of them.

Ellsbury
    McCann
    C Beltran
    Kuroda (basically, re-signed)

2009 probably beats them all:
    Teixeira $180M/8
    Sabathia $161/7
    Burnett $83M/5

These were the top 3 deals, by far. The next was Derek Lowe at $60M/4.

Those were the days, huh?

Now, we both sit back and watch the Dodgers be the Yanks of old.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

We don’t need a Salvy Perez at C. We could use a guy like Gomes who can handle the blocking and pitch calling and isn’t embarrassing behind the dish. We need better D out of our catchers. SS and CF, we need the whole package

@NBCSEdgeBB
    Yankees release outfielder Clint Frazier

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    @NBCSEdgeBB
    Yankees release outfielder Clint Frazier
    1.4 fWAR in a 60 game season in 2020. Released in 2021…

Deity
    We don’t need a Salvy Perez at C. We could use a guy like Gomes who can handle the blocking and pitch calling and isn’t embarrassing behind the dish. We need better D out of our catchers. SS and CF, we need the whole package
    I remember when Clint Frazier was nominated for a Gold Glove. I think he’s available now…

Frazier is broken. When the brain is irreparably harmed, it’s time to cut bait. Feel for the kid, because the hands are quick and the talent immense, but concussions have ruined him

Deity
    Frazier is broken. When the brain is irreparably harmed, it’s time to cut bait. Feel for the kid, because the hands are quick and the talent immense, but concussions have ruined him

Concussions are weird.

It just took one too all but end the careers of Jason Bay and Justin Morneau, but Brandon Belt just keeps stacking them up and plowing forward…

We are only scratching the surface of post concussion care. I’ve met people who cannot be in bright light due to their traumatic brain injuries. Those who have chronic dizziness, headaches, memory loss, personality changes, etc. if this kid walks away from baseball with a few million in his pocket and the ability to remember his grandkids names, he should be happy

Deity
    We are only scratching the surface of post concussion care. I’ve met people who cannot be in bright light due to their traumatic brain injuries. Those who have chronic dizziness, headaches, memory loss, personality changes, etc. if this kid walks away from baseball with a few million in his pocket and the ability to remember his grandkids names, he should be happy
    When my sister and I were kids, we were thrown clear from a Scrambler in a local carnival. We were tiny things and this was back in the days when people were less litigious, carnival rides were just thrown together and often didn’t have working (and occasionally existing) seat belts, and child safety was “oh well, have another kid.”

She was concussed, and to this day she can’t sit out in the sun because of that concussion. (I was unharmed, but that’s just how it always goes with me.)

Yanks sitting out the big signings. Seager expected to sign in Texas. Scherzer across town with Mets. Correa remains the last big fish of the SS's with Semien signing
    Hal sucks

Mets are the new Yankees.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Yanks sitting out the big signings. Seager expected to sign in Texas. Scherzer across town with Mets. Correa remains the last big fish of the SS's with Semien signing
    It seems like many teams near or over the limit (Yankees, Dodgers, Red Sox) that are normally quite active are standing part, probably because any new CBA is more likely to have repercussions with them…

Deity
    Trevor Story?

Fuck Hal