Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/8 ALDS Game 2 @ Rays

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Death to all 8pm games.
    Aaaaaamen!!! The entire west coast can go suck an egg in bucket. Baseball was invented on the east coast.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Aaaaaamen!!! The entire west coast can go suck an egg in bucket. Baseball was invented on the east coast.
    Sighhh
    The Bills, The Bruins, The Sabres & The Red Sox.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by YastrzemskI View Post
    Sighhh
    Sorry.
    Last edited by Maxbialystock; 10-08-2021 at 12:55 PM.

I thought 8 PM starts during the week were because it's prime time and the price of commercials are higher. Never exclude the money angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    One could say that it was nice to see some much needed social distancing taking place in Florida in that part of the ballpark last night
    Social distancing has never been a problem at the Trop since day one.

Quote Originally Posted by YastrzemskI View Post
    Sighhh
    Driving home from work and listening to Vin Scully was never a bad thing when I lived in LA.
    Last edited by mvp 78; 10-08-2021 at 12:58 PM.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Cora has become a regular Captain Hook lately. Let's see if he gives Sale a little longer leash tonight.
    Every manager these days is descended from Captain Hook. Just ask Cash, and he'll tell you that letting a starter face the the opposing lineup a third time is fraught with peril.

Cash and Cora both chose to have 13 pitchers for the ALDS despite the travel days after games 2 and 4. So both expect to "hook 'em, horns!"

As for Sale, I'm hoping he can go 4 or 5 innings because five days ago against the Nats he only went 2.2.
    Last edited by Maxbialystock; 10-08-2021 at 12:53 PM.

Deity
    Driving home from work and listening to Vin Scully was never a bad things when I lived in LA.
    True. I liked listening to Curt Gowdy calling Sox games.

Driving home from work and listening to Vin Scully was never a bad things when I lived in LA.
    He was in a class by himself. The man had a memory like a computer.

Every manager these days is descended from Captain Hook. Just ask Cash, and he'll tell you that letting a starter face the the opposing lineup a third time is fraught with peril.

Cash and Cora both chose to have 13 pitchers for the ALDS despite the travel days after games 2 and 4. So both expect to "hook 'em, horns!"

As for Sale, I'm hoping he can go 4 or 5 innings because five days ago against the Nats he only went 2.2.
    I don't get the worry about the 13 pitchers. Who is more likely to get used in a 5 game series: the 13th pitcher or the 3rd catcher?

True. I liked listening to Curt Gowdy calling Sox games.
    Ned Martin, imho, was also very good.

I don't get the worry about the 13 pitchers. Who is more likely to get used in a 5 game series: the 13th pitcher or the 3rd catcher?
    The 4th catcher, even.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

I can't imagine a Kevin Cash managed team playing an insanely long game like Game 3 in 2018. He would probably use all 13 if it went 16+ innings.
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    He was in a class by himself. The man had a memory like a computer.
    There is Vin Scully and then there is everyone else. Classic voice, classic style and the man had substance. HOWEVER… my favorite is Jon Miller. He used to call games on ESPN with Morgan and I still miss those broadcasts to this day. ESPN’s play by play team is just a shell of what it used to be. The Giants are lucky that they have Jon Miller calling their games.. at least I think he still works there.

Just listen to this call by Jon Miller calling a Red Sox postseason game.. perfection.

https://youtu.be/DPz1wJ44bzo

Deity
    I'm not worried about 13 pitchers either. With two bye dates in a five game ALDS, 11 should be plenty. But Cash and Cora both want 13. Bullpens rule.