Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/10 ALDS Game 3 vs Rays

10/10 ALDS Game 3 vs Rays

RHP Drew Rasmussen vs RHP Nathan Eovaldi

Here's to hoping the Sox can get a win for my grandfather on his birthday. A lifelong Sox fan who suffered for years like most of you, he got to see 3 championships at the end of his life. I was especially happy that he got to see the 2013 title before his passing in June 2014. We knew 2013 was probably going to be his last full season.

Go wild. Go crazy. But not both.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Deity
    I feel like this game could win us the series if we win it. Need nasty nate.

Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    I feel like this game could win us the series if we win it. Need nasty nate.
    Agree. We need Nathan Eovaldi to be a cold blooded assassin on the mound. If we get that from him then I like our chances in game three. Dare I say that we have some momentum after game two.. going back to Fenway.. it’s going to be madness!

GO SoX!
    The Bills, The Bruins, The Sabres & The Red Sox.

Thunder mojo.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Let’s get a win!!!!!!!!!! Let’s go.

Biggest game in years, I can't wait. Win it for Thunder Grandpa!

E-O, E-O, E-O... everything little he does is magic

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    E-O, E-O, E-O... everything little he does is magic
    R.E.O. K-Wagon

Deity
    A season of surprises from the Orioles sweeping the Sox to start, to the Sox leading the AL East for most of the first half of the season, to the slide backwards in the 2d half culminating in the Yankees sweep at Fenway followed by the Orioles taking 2 of 3 in late September, to the great sweep of the Nats in the final series, and the thrill of beating the Yankees and their ace Cole in the wild card game!

The ALDS was gravy, playing with house money. And, frankly, it should have been essentially over when ERod and Sale crapped out in the first two games while giving up 7 freaking runs in 2.2 innings! But Cora outmanaged Cash, Houck was brilliant for 5 innings, and the Sox hitters scored an astounding 14 runs in game 2.

Now, improbably, the Sox have the edge with Eovaldi on the mound today at Fenway, where he has pitched well against the Rays this year. And 2 of the next 3 games, including today, are at the Fens.

That said, the Rays are playing in their 3d straight postseason and barely lost the WS last year to the Dodgers, 4 games to 3. Statistically, they have better hitting, pitching, defense, and baserunning, and Cash is a good manager.

This ALDS is a long way from over. The Rays could still win. But they are the ones wondering what hit them.
    Last edited by Maxbialystock; 10-10-2021 at 11:57 AM.

When Student 9s were released for today's game, it caused redsox.com to crash. So much for baseball being a dying sport among America's Youth

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    A season of surprises from the Orioles sweeping the Sox to start, to the Sox leading the AL East for most of the first half of the season, to the slide backwards in the 2d half culminating in the Yankees sweep at Fenway followed by the Orioles taking 2 of 3 in late September, to the great sweep of the Nats in the final series, and the thrill of beating the Yankees and their ace Cole in the wild card game!

The ALDS was gravy, playing with house money. And, frankly, it should have been essentially over when ERod and Sale crapped out in the first two games while giving up 7 freaking runs in 2.2 innings! But Cora outmanaged Cash, Houck was brilliant for 5 innings, and the Sox hitters scored an astounding 14 runs in game 2.

Now, improbably, the Sox have the edge with Eovaldi on the mound today at Fenway, where he has pitched well against the Rays this year. And 2 of the next 3 games, including today, are at the Fens.

That said, the Rays are playing in their 3d straight postseason and barely lost the WS last year to the Dodgers, 4 games to 3. Statistically, they have better hitting, pitching, defense, and baserunning, and Cash is a good manager.

This ALDS is a long way from over. The Rays could still win. But they are the ones wondering what hit them.
    Well said.

This series is far from over.

While I admire Kimmi's confidence, us winning in 4 will be very difficult. Us winning in 5 as well.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Well said.

While I admire Kimmi's confidence, us winning in 4 will be very difficult. Us winning in 5 as well.
    If we win today, I think we win in 4.

If we lose today, I think we lose in 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post

The smart money is all on the Sox. Some folks like to think it's the gritty, gutty, underdog Red Sox trying to pull off the improbable upset of the mighty Rays. But that is simply not the case . The Rays have never , ever won a championship. And that is not going to change here. The Sox have the championship pedigree. By the way , the Dodgers won last year's World Series in six games , not seven. If you are going to give the official recaps , you need to get the details right.
    Old school is good school.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Well said.

Rasmussen has owned the Sox this year. But he's another rookie pitching with playoff pressure, and this time in enemy territory.

And just as I figured one of the Rays' rookie starters would falter in the first two games, it seems bound to happen again in one of the next two in Fenway... if Tampa starts Rasmussen and yet a fourth rook, Patino.

But I'm realistic, and we shouldn't be surprised if maybe Whitlock has the jitters, too, in a tight spot. Chances are this series will come down to a Game Five... in a final showdown between the two best rookies: McClanahan and Houck.

Sale can pitch out of the pen today if need be Cora said.