Register now to remove this ad

Page 34 of 63 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official 2021 ALCS Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Wrong!!!! Scherzer the Magnificent held the Braves incredible lineup to 2 measly runs in 4.1 innings, and his manager will be putting him in for some pretty important citations when this is over with.
    Braves up 2-0 in the series. The Dodgers have their hands full.. they can’t hit.
    The Bills, The Bruins, The Sabres & The Red Sox.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by YastrzemskI View Post
    Braves up 2-0 in the series. The Dodgers have their hands full.. they can’t hit.

Braves are capable of blowing a 2-0 lead. They better keep the pedal to the medal.

Deity
    Oh shit i forgot. The Braves blew a 3-1 lead last year. I forgot about that.

Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    Oh shit i forgot. The Braves blew a 3-1 lead last year. I forgot about that.
    They’re out for revenge. They deserve more respect than they get. The Dodgers are the ones with the 200 mill pay roll.

They’re out for revenge. They deserve more respect than they get. The Dodgers are the ones with the 200 mill pay roll.
    $262M to be exact.
    I write fictional stories in my spare time. So don't fact check me. Better?

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ERA in small sample sizes are not good gauges.

I'm not sure even Cora knows who starts game 5. (It might be Pivetta or Houck.)
    Revolving bullpen doors in the postseason make it impossible to save anyone two games in advance -- at least, in the starting pitcher-deprived American League. Pivetta (tentatively scheduled for Game 4) and Houck could both be used extensively before Game 5. We shouldn't be surprised if Martin Perez gets involved on the mound sometime this week in Boston.

The only guy who won't is double-secret agent Brad Peacock, not because he isn't even activated, but due to a Fox ban seeking to avoid 41 hours of stretching and long-tossing for injury replacements on primetime while truant co-eds get louder and drunker at Fenway.

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Care to revisit?
    Yes. I'm surprised but not shocked. Nothing much should be shocking in baseball.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

The Braves scored their 5 runs last night off Scherzer, Urias, Graterol and Jansen. That's earning it.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

That's you get for switching things up when playoff time gets here. Managers try to get cute and bring in their starters in the game. It's mind blown so far on how many SP has made it through 5IP in these playoffs. You can count them in one hand

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    The Braves scored their 5 runs last night off Scherzer, Urias, Graterol and Jansen. That's earning it.
    The only significant difference between the American and National leagues is the use of the DH. That should mean teams more run scoring in the American league and greater valuing of each run in the National. It appears both the Braves and Dodgers have superior pitching staffs when compared to the Astros and Sox. In addition, both teams have more speed than the Sox and steal given any opportunity. If we get that far, then be prepared for their base running. We are a relatively slow team that needs to string together hits or crush the ball. One difference between the teams in park configuration. Fenway is the weirdest of the 4 and is the only one likely to see colder weather during the series.

Deity
    I was being facetious in the remark about Scherzer.

The Braves won just 88 games in the regular season to the Dodgers 106 and Giants 107, but they are playing good ball and have an insane postseason ERA of 2.04.

This just shows how in baseball, anyone can win (or lose).
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    The only significant difference between the American and National leagues is the use of the DH. That should mean teams more run scoring in the American league and greater valuing of each run in the National. It appears both the Braves and Dodgers have superior pitching staffs when compared to the Astros and Sox. In addition, both teams have more speed than the Sox and steal given any opportunity. If we get that far, then be prepared for their base running. We are a relatively slow team that needs to string together hits or crush the ball. One difference between the teams in park configuration. Fenway is the weirdest of the 4 and is the only one likely to see colder weather during the series.
    The slowpoke Sox stole 40 bases this year, and the speed demon Braves 59--so they stole 19 more bases in 162 games or 1 more every 8 games.

That said, I agree both teams will be hard to beat in the WS because both have good pitching and hitting. With the DH, the Sox scored 829 runs in the regular season. Without the DH, the Dodgers scored 830 and the Braves 790.

The Dodgers head home with a chance to turn the tide on the series. The Braves did their job in securing their home field advantage. Remember last year, the Braves were up 3-1 on the Dodgers and lost the series
    Hal sucks

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    This just shows how in baseball, anyone can win (or lose).
    So true. When you round off, all ten of the postseason teams won slightly less than 6 out of 10 games or slightly more than 6 out of 10 games.